Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ford Focus & General Car Chat (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   My focus now has a BIG brother. (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314937)

2012Tuxedo 04-23-2013 04:43 PM

My focus now has a BIG brother.

Last month I bought my wife a car, a 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis GS sedan, This massive beast has only 65k and was in very good shape for its age. Had to make a few small repairs and put some new tires on it but other than that it was ready to roll. The beast looks massive compared to my little Focus, and naturally the ride is much smoother, also the fual economy is 25mpg instead of the 36-40 that I average in the Focus. But she is happy with it and with our baby due in 3 weeks it makes a comfortable family car. The two look a little odd sitting side by side in the driveway though.

thejordan 04-23-2013 07:55 PM

Didn't know this was a Mercury Grand Marquis forum...

Deftmetal 04-23-2013 08:04 PM

I love jumping grand marquis'. It's great fun

HilloNative 04-23-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thejordan (Post 4696694)
Didn't know this was a Mercury Grand Marquis forum...

I didn't know this was a imadouchebag forum...

But back to the op...

Nice choice, Have any pics of the beast?...

RedComet 04-24-2013 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HilloNative (Post 4696763)
I didn't know this was a imadouchebag forum...

But back to the op...

Nice choice, Have any pics of the beast?...

I think he was making a joke aimed at GreyScorpion losing his stuff over someone posting a Mitsubishi Lancer here.

mikebontoft 04-24-2013 06:09 AM

I do hope so lol.

Supernaut 04-24-2013 06:11 AM

Did the Merc come complete with the scent of moth balls and old spice? [hihi]

All joking aside. They are good solid cars. When I was a kid my dad had a '92 Crown Vic which was the family car for most of the decade. Big and comfy with a huge trunk and wicked trailer towing capacity. My dad towed a 21' travel trailer which weighed about 3000lbs loaded and it pulled like a champ, easily staying in over drive most of the time unless climbing brutal hills. Air bag suspension (stock equipment) kept it nice and level all the time whether it was towing, or had 800lbs of bricks in the trunk in one instance.

'92 was the first year of the redesigned aero models which all crown vic/marquis were based on up till the end with very little change. If I recall right the '92 had a trailer towing rating of 5000lbs or something like that but that was de-rated to about 1500lbs by the end of the production. This I assume due to the lawsuit crazy US of A, getting a little more lawsuit crazy over time.

Nice car but I imagine in the end days they must have seemed very out dated compared to the more recent offerings of the market.

02fordsvt 04-24-2013 07:02 AM

When is the supercharger going in it? [hihi]

rambleon84 04-24-2013 08:22 AM

Nice choice my brother's second car is an '04 town car, he loves that boat. Way too big for my likes but if we have to take a road trip, I dont mind riding in it [:)] I dont think he's seen above 25mpg's in it either lol, you must have a very light foot.

FLYLOW 04-24-2013 10:56 AM

Land boat fo sho, enjoy lol