Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Sync Questions (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314089)

offroad 04-12-2013 09:30 AM

Sync Questions
 
Picked up the wife's new ride yesterday and have a few Sync questions, it's Sync with MyFord, (No MFT).

Salesman paired both our phones and made my wife's primary.
If we are both in the car and someone call's me, will sync pick it up or is only one device paired at a time?

I have mp3's on a usb keystick, they are in single level folders by artist.
When I first inserted it Sync said it couldn't use the keystick, awhile later I reinserted it and the songs would play.
They seem to play in random order even if shuffle is set to off, I assumed skipping to the next track would play the next file in that folder (artist) but this isn't happening. (ID tags have been checked and are correct)
Should I have the files in folders, or all just on the root of the drive?

When playing files from my wife's phone via Bluetooth, file info isn't displayed. Files from the USB keystick display file info fine.
I haven't checked the ID tags on her microSD card, but since none display I'm wondering if this is a limitation of her phone or Bluetooth playback?

So far Sync seems very easy to use, took the salesman only a few minutes to pair both phones and show us the basics.
On the way home my wife who struggles a bit with some tech, had no issues making numerous calls.

In contrast my FIL just bought a new CRV, and was showing me his top of the line Hondalink system with NAV etc.
He apparently has to record his voice saying exactly what he would say to dial a phone book entry, and do this for every entry he wants to voice dial later. Maybe he doesn't know how to use it correctly but Sync seems much better.

craigsfocus 04-12-2013 10:12 AM

Only One Device can be paired at a time.

While streaming over Bluetooth, no Song Info will be displayed. It will just say Bluetooth. Thats just Ford Programming of the radio.

TboneZX3 04-12-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by offroad (Post 4681626)
Picked up the wife's new ride yesterday and have a few Sync questions, it's Sync with MyFord, (No MFT).

Salesman paired both our phones and made my wife's primary.
If we are both in the car and someone call's me, will sync pick it up or is only one device paired at a time?

You can have multiple phones paired at a time, but only one connected at a time. It will default to the phone set as primary.

Quote:

Originally Posted by offroad (Post 4681626)
I have mp3's on a usb keystick, they are in single level folders by artist.
When I first inserted it Sync said it couldn't use the keystick, awhile later I reinserted it and the songs would play.
They seem to play in random order even if shuffle is set to off, I assumed skipping to the next track would play the next file in that folder (artist) but this isn't happening. (ID tags have been checked and are correct)
Should I have the files in folders, or all just on the root of the drive?

You don't have to have them in folders, but you need to have them tagged properly to play by track name, or within a category (artist or album).

With shuffle off--songs will play in alphabetical order by track name if playing "all" (no artist or album selected). If artist is selected, that artist's tracks will play in alphabetical order by track name. If album is selected, songs will be played in the order they appear on the album.

With shuffle on--songs will always shuffle within the category (all, artist or album).

offroad 04-12-2013 02:58 PM

If you add contacts to your phone while out of the car, do the new contacts show up in Sync the next time the phone is paired?

dodgeguy 04-12-2013 07:00 PM

yes. Sync is just accessing your phone book

ZRXwannabe 04-12-2013 08:31 PM

IF the primary phone is not in the car will the secondary phone connect automatically?

lewisra 04-14-2013 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZRXwannabe (Post 4682745)
IF the primary phone is not in the car will the secondary phone connect automatically?

Yes.

If it's in the car.[;)]

dyn085 04-14-2013 04:50 PM

Moved to Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics.

sportage 04-15-2013 12:39 AM

Once a phone(s) are synced, is there a way to manage or change which is the preferred (the selected favorite) device?

And is there a way to reset or totally remove a synced phone, so that you must go thru the sync process from scratch with that same phone?

I changed the name of my phone, and want to re-sync from scratch.
it still syncs under the old name.

offroad 04-15-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sportage (Post 4685451)
And is there a way to reset or totally remove a synced phone, so that you must go thru the sync process from scratch with that same phone?

I believe its under Menu, System Settings, Bluetooth, Remove a Device.
You could remove both or all devices, then add them again and add the one you want to be primary last. Probably other ways to do it as well but this should work.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:51 PM.


http://www.focusfanatics.com/aboutus/copyright.asp