Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK1 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Missing sunroof.. (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314051)

04Mach1Blurr 04-11-2013 05:32 PM

Missing sunroof..
 
Hey all, been looking through some of the threads in regards to sunroof problems, resetting the tracks, and doing a system reset. Anyhow, didn't find a specific answer to my concern except the idea of people deleting and plugging the sunroof.

I bought my 2000 focus zts a few months ago for a daily as I also have a 2004 Mach 1 mustang that most of the spending cash goes into. I was thinking about keeping this focus just for a daily, but I am thinking of putting a bit of money in to it and keeping it for a while. I got it for $2200 with 95k miles with everything in good order except for the sunroof.

Looks like the previous owner took out the tracks, motor, and glass. Put some piece of heavy foam or something with a vinyl sheet glued around it to the roof opening and roof liner sliding part. Looking to see what exact parts I will need and what I should be looking at as far as parts costs. Thanks

burnie 04-11-2013 08:36 PM

There was a sunroof with the frame and glass on eBay last week . May have been more parts , but I didn`t notice as I wasn`t lookin`for that .

04Mach1Blurr 04-11-2013 08:40 PM

Appreciate it, I was looking a couple of weeks ago but wasn't ready to get moving on it. I searched eBay today and nothing is up. Also trying to find install directions / parts list

burnie 04-11-2013 11:10 PM

Might be hard to find any kinda` directions for doing this . Might be better off going to a junk yard and remove it yourself so ya` know how to reinstall . Heck , they might even have a video for this on youtube . Good luck ! peace

zpellicone 04-12-2013 06:43 AM

If i'm not mistaken, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, a sunroof was not an option for 2000 model foci. It became an option in '01 but as a crank sunroof only, then power in 2002. Sounds like maybe he attempted to put a sunroof in himself by cutting out a hole in the roof and then realized it wouldn't work. What does the sunroof switch look like? Or is there one?

04Mach1Blurr 04-12-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zpellicone (Post 4681436)
If i'm not mistaken, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, a sunroof was not an option for 2000 model foci. It became an option in '01 but as a crank sunroof only, then power in 2002. Sounds like maybe he attempted to put a sunroof in himself by cutting out a hole in the roof and then realized it wouldn't work. What does the sunroof switch look like? Or is there one?

There is a switch on the headliner above the rear view mirror. It's a late 2000 model according to the vin. Everything looks factory on the headliner, just missing the actual glass and tracks

04Mach1Blurr 04-12-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burnie (Post 4681283)
Might be hard to find any kinda` directions for doing this . Might be better off going to a junk yard and remove it yourself so ya` know how to reinstall . Heck , they might even have a video for this on youtube . Good luck ! peace

Thanks I'll see if I can find anymore install info

drunkyoda 04-12-2013 11:06 AM

i have been wanting to do a sunroof install... looks like it would be hard tho...

04Mach1Blurr 04-13-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drunkyoda (Post 4681779)
i have been wanting to do a sunroof install... looks like it would be hard tho...

If everything was easy, nothing would be innovated. It can be done, just need the correct measurements and able to make sure it has the capability of sliding back [:D]

sailor 04-14-2013 12:38 PM

Some members have done a panoramic sunroof with a sliding vinyl top (fold back).

Check out the "album" areas for pictures & info. if you're interested (or if you find damage that would make returning it to stock difficult/impossible.

Cheers!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:21 AM.


http://www.focusfanatics.com/aboutus/copyright.asp