Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   DURATEC Performance (2008-2011) (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=329)
-   -   need an opinion (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=313775)

indy_11 04-08-2013 09:23 PM

need an opinion
 
If you had the choice between a header and tune or a set of coilovers what would you choose?

I have H&R springs with tokico dampers but I would sell those for a bit more low and improved handling. Also, I want to add another inch to my wheel size

I have a MBRP exhaust and Steeda SRI but I feel like I would really benefit from a header and tune

sam fisher 04-08-2013 09:27 PM

id buy tune , but others will probably tell you coils.

Edit : seems you already have a decent suspension setup , go for the tune my man!

Edit edit : misread , thought you.meant either header , tune , or coils , now that i see header and tune are together DEFIANTLY get the header and tune!!!!
Sent from my LG-LG730

SkyPilot 04-08-2013 09:28 PM

header and tune

indy_11 04-08-2013 09:37 PM

well the header and tune would be cheaper than the coils. which is why i'm putting them together.

sam fisher 04-08-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indy_11 (Post 4675804)
well the header and tune would be cheaper than the coils. which is why i'm putting them together.

Go for it dude , those coils are probably gonna be quite rough , you have a nice suspension setup already , header and tune will be a great compliment to your ride and you wont regret it. What do you have for exhaust now?

Sent from my LG-LG730

indy_11 04-08-2013 09:44 PM

mbrp with resonator and muffler. the only thing i'm worried about is this freaking state I live in and if it's worth even dealing with the possible trouble. the only thing about my exhaust is idk how it sounds on the road because every video made with this exhaust and a header are rev videos...which are useless. Plus my dad drives it and idk how he would deal with the noise. I like the way my car sounds now, just want it a little more louder.

sam fisher 04-08-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indy_11 (Post 4675812)
mbrp with resonator and muffler. the only thing i'm worried about is this freaking state I live in and if it's worth even dealing with the possible trouble. the only thing about my exhaust is idk how it sounds on the road because every video made with this exhaust and a header are rev videos...which are useless. Plus my dad drives it and idk how he would deal with the noise. I like the way my car sounds now, just want it a little more louder.

Id just go for it , and if its too loud for your liking then add in another muffler. There is room under there for three , a few people have done so already !

Sent from my LG-LG730

indy_11 04-08-2013 09:50 PM

ehhh, i'd rather not hack my exhaust up. they don't make them for the focus anymore (too bad) thanks for the input.

edit in the first post

calebstubstad 04-08-2013 10:20 PM

you already have a suspension to support the header and tune, so why buy a new suspension to have your old suspension take up space? later on if you desire coils still, go for it, but power is always fun since you have the suspension to handle it

blade08 04-08-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indy_11 (Post 4675783)
If you had the choice between a header and tune or a set of coilovers what would you choose?

I have H&R springs with tokico dampers but I would sell those for a bit more low and improved handling

I have a MBRP exhaust and Steeda SRI but I feel like I would really benefit from a header and tune

Let me know if you decide to sell those spring :)

Do what you feel is best! I'd go for the tune but if you think its going to give you problems go with the coil overs!

Sent from my LG-P999 using FF Mobile


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 PM.


http://www.focusfanatics.com/aboutus/copyright.asp