Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Backup camera standard on the 2013 FORD FOCUS TITANIUM hatchbacks? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=313619)

sportage 04-07-2013 07:28 AM

Backup camera standard on the 2013 FORD FOCUS TITANIUM hatchbacks?

I can't seem to find out if the backup camera is standard on the 2013 FORD FOCUS TITANIUM hatchback models. Some Ford sites show it under standard equip for the 2013 titanium hatchback, but other sites make so reference to a backup camera for the same year-model nor is it listed under features. Looking at the 2013 focus manual on the official Ford site, the manual says "if equipped" under backup camera for the 2013 ford focus, but this manual is not 2013 TITANIUM specific. Seems to be a generic manual covering all 2013 ford focus models.
And I know the street display nav system is optional feature.
What optional package would include the street view nav system for the 2013 FORD FOCUS TITANIUM hatchback?

sleepyboy 04-07-2013 07:33 AM

Welcome to the forum [welcome] [ffrocks] [loveff]

Moved you to the MK3 sections so you can get some answers from MK3 owners themselves. [thumb]

wilsonfocus86 04-07-2013 08:01 AM

It's standard from what I hear. That's one feature I wish they included in the 2012's to begin with because I would love that, but didn't need/want the parking feature to get the camera.

dyn085 04-07-2013 08:08 AM

The 2013 models have back-up cameras standard if it is optioned with MFT. It's definitely something that should have been standard with MFT back in 2012 for those that had little or no use for the parking system, imho.

I Bleed Ford Blue 04-07-2013 08:30 AM

Yes the camera is standard on the titanium models for 2013. There is one small requirement to get it, you have to get the automatic trans. The manuals don't get the cam.

dyn085 04-07-2013 08:40 AM

That sucks. Kinda dumb as well, imho.

I Bleed Ford Blue 04-07-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dyn085 (Post 4673252)
That sucks. Kinda dumb as well, imho.

I agree, the ST's can't get the cam either. There is an alternative, get the nav-tv module and use whatever cam you want.

http://www.navtv.com/product/207/myfordtouch-cam.html

For a factory camera and nav-tv setup your looking at about 7-9 bills, depending on body style and build date.

Tubeway Army 04-07-2013 10:57 AM

Yes, you get a camera with the 2013 Titanium, but honestly I would trade the camera and MFT for other features:

1) Nicer Exhaust, current exhaust looks very cheap, my car had a MSRP of nearly $26K
2)Bi-Xenons or LED tail lamps

Don't get me wrong the Camera and MFT are nice, but it's much user dependent and how much you really use the features. I find the climate controls by voice to be a joke, it's nice for not taking your eyes off the road but I can reach over and do the same thing in less time the old fashion way.

whynotthinkwhynot 04-07-2013 11:08 AM

I can understand a backup camera on something like an SUV or mini-van. I can't understand a backup camera on a small car like the Focus HB. It seriously makes me wonder if people even turn around and look behind them before backing up. Apparently Ford believes that manual transmission drivers and ST owners are not privy to such. My sister used the mirrors to back up until she ran into her boyfriend's Jeep parked behind her wagon. This makes me wonder if people will become complacent with back-up cameras that really only show you what you can't see when turning around, and will start to drive like my sister until something just out of sight of the camera and mirrors- like a Jeep- gets run into by someone who refuses to turn their head.

I taught my wife to check the rear of the Windstar before getting in and backing up to drive off. It's a brilliant concept developed in the stone age of automobiles, before backup cameras, when neanderthals drove around in cars with metal dashboards, lap belts, and non-collapsible steering columns- yet it still works with technologically advanced vehicles.

Tubeway Army 04-07-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whynotthinkwhynot (Post 4673387)
I can understand a backup camera on something like an SUV or mini-van. I can't understand a backup camera on a small car like the Focus HB. It seriously makes me wonder if people even turn around and look behind them before backing up. Apparently Ford believes that manual transmission drivers and ST owners are not privy to such. My sister used the mirrors to back up until she ran into her boyfriend's Jeep parked behind her wagon. This makes me wonder if people will become complacent with back-up cameras that really only show you what you can't see when turning around, and will start to drive like my sister until something just out of sight of the camera and mirrors- like a Jeep- gets run into by someone who refuses to turn their head.

I taught my wife to check the rear of the Windstar before getting in and backing up to drive off. It's a brilliant concept developed in the stone age of automobiles, before backup cameras, when neanderthals drove around in cars with metal dashboards, lap belts, and non-collapsible steering columns- yet it still works with technologically advanced vehicles.

Sensors and cameras are very useful in Europe, on my last trip to Germany I had a rented BMW 3 series, had to park in some real tight spots in underground garages and such, I almost wished I rented a smaller compact but the sensors helped but a camera would have been a bonus. Since they are using the camera as a distance sensor in the software.

Ford could have easily left these off of US spec cars, why they didn't is unclear? I suppose MFT made it a given?