Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   Credit Card Holder Panel (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=313524)

reh8388 04-05-2013 06:05 PM

Credit Card Holder Panel

Has anyone thought of anything cool to do in place of the credit card holder? Obviously those with the front parking sensors don't have the panel, but I think most of us do have the panel and ever since I got the car it has been begging me to put something cooler there. I am thinking about pulling mine out and modeling it in CAD so I can print some ideas off. My first idea is to embed the readouts of a radar detector there.

Does anyone else have some cool ideas?

thejordan 04-05-2013 06:08 PM

dual usb ports.

Jim_J 04-05-2013 06:40 PM

Ejection seat button

spektrum2 04-05-2013 06:47 PM

I'm planning on fabbing up a skinny u shaped clip and attaching one of the many phone holders I've have laying around here to it,one with a flexible wire so I can offset it to the side and not block any controls.I want something I can slide in and out easily.no adhesives or suction cups.

ralck 04-05-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spektrum2 (Post 4671498)
I'm planning on fabbing up a skinny u shaped clip and attaching one of the many phone holders I've have laying around here to it,one with a flexible wire so I can offset it to the side and not block any controls.I want something I can slide in and out easily.no adhesives or suction cups.

Spektrum2, that is a great idea! I might just have to steal another one of your mods! [thumb] [cheers]

So far the only thing I've kept there is my student ID.

spektrum2 04-05-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ralck (Post 4671574)
Spektrum2, that is a great idea! I might just have to steal another one of your mods! [thumb] [cheers]

So far the only thing I've kept there is my student ID.

I had an old book light with the tab that goes between the pages,I slipped in there for a coffee light because its so dark when I leave in the am,it grew out of that.Post it up if you beat me too it.[cheers]

Ox-y-GenIII 04-05-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thejordan (Post 4671436)
dual usb ports.

Would be a good idea instead of the one in the center console if they actually worked to charge your phone. Mine doesn't make a difference in the amount of battery on NY phone even when plugged in during an hour drive .... Just stays the same battery level.

spektrum2 04-05-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ox-y-GenIII (Post 4671711)
Would be a good idea instead of the one in the center console if they actually worked to charge your phone. Mine doesn't make a difference in the amount of battery on NY phone even when plugged in during an hour drive .... Just stays the same battery level.

Thats weird..must be the phone.My iphone clicks to charge as soon as I plug it in as long as the cars running.Gps as well as soon as it fiqures out its not a computer its plugged into,it goes to the update screen initally then settles down.

Ox-y-GenIII 04-06-2013 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spektrum2 (Post 4671728)
Thats weird..must be the phone.My iphone clicks to charge as soon as I plug it in as long as the cars running.Gps as well as soon as it fiqures out its not a computer its plugged into,it goes to the update screen initally then settles down.

Mine does too, goes directly to charge mode, but it doesn't seem to have enough power to actually charge it back to full. It only stays around the same amount of battery life no matter how long its connected.

ralck 04-06-2013 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ox-y-GenIII (Post 4671962)
Mine does too, goes directly to charge mode, but it doesn't seem to have enough power to actually charge it back to full. It only stays around the same amount of battery life no matter how long its connected.

Do you use GPS a lot on your phone? Or even just turn the GPS radio on when in the car to have it ready? With my phone, if I'm using the GPS radio I can be charging and sometimes still drain battery.