Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Focus ST EcoBoost Performance (2013-Current) (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Focus SEL to Focus ST - Should I? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=313082)

Dialed 03-30-2013 12:23 PM

Focus SEL to Focus ST - Should I?

I've owned my SEL for coming up on a year now. I was pretty confident based on what I was reading that a tune would be available eventually but that clearly isn't happening anymore and I'm just not satisfied with the power I'm getting out of my Focus currently. I love the car, absolutely love it, but want more power plain and simple. I like to go out driving a lot and live in an area with a lot of safe reasonable options and well, you get the idea.

My question, having $5000 to put down on an ST, should I re-finance and do the upgrade? I would wait for a 0% financing incentive to come along again, and would be aiming to keep my payments around the same, but when I consider I want to put a nice set of wheels on my current focus, drop it, change the suspension, I'm already looking at spending a ton of money just to get a little closer to what I want.

What do you guys think? Did anyone here do the upgrade? How was the experience for you?

Elizabeth 03-30-2013 01:00 PM

If the ST is everything you want to have added to your SEL, then HELL Yes!
If the price difference is not going to kill you, then go for it.
When I had a Mercury Mystique and wanted a Contour SVT, i did it as soon as i could. Never had a problem with the cost. it was well worth it.
Now, after having that SVT for 13 years.. and getting old, I am ready to drive normally.
But the fun i had with the Contour SVT was wonderful andwell worth the price of admission. [angel]
If you like to drive fast in some twisties.. then go for the ST, and never look back.

1slofofo 03-30-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dialed (Post 4661274)
I've owned my SEL for coming up on a year now. I was pretty confident based on what I was reading that a tune would be available eventually but that clearly isn't happening anymore and I'm just not satisfied with the power I'm getting out of my Focus currently. I love the car, absolutely love it, but want more power plain and simple. I like to go out driving a lot and live in an area with a lot of safe reasonable options and well, you get the idea.

My question, having $5000 to put down on an ST, should I re-finance and do the upgrade? I would wait for a 0% financing incentive to come along again, and would be aiming to keep my payments around the same, but when I consider I want to put a nice set of wheels on my current focus, drop it, change the suspension, I'm already looking at spending a ton of money just to get a little closer to what I want.

What do you guys think? Did anyone here do the upgrade? How was the experience for you?

If your mods are close enough to the added cost, and it's not living up to what you expect, go for it. Shouldn't have to settle something you spend hours in daily/weekly.

StingRay 03-30-2013 03:32 PM

I would say yes, but I'm a bit biased lol

macdiesel 03-30-2013 04:15 PM

This shouldn't even be a question. Get the ST.

Dialed 03-30-2013 04:19 PM

Hahaha. Loving the encouragement and enthusiasm. Hopefully I will be joining the club in the coming months. We'll see.

suss6052 03-30-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dialed (Post 4661498)
Hahaha. Loving the encouragement and enthusiasm. Hopefully I will be joining the club in the coming months. We'll see.

Idk, I'm ok with the power levels, but I do like the look of the front of the ST better, so I may have to "borrow" it on a color that never was an actual ST.

felixthecat 03-30-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

You talked your self into it= Go for it![woot]

felixthecat 03-30-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth (Post 4661312)
If the ST is everything you want to have added to your SEL, then HELL Yes!
If the price difference is not going to kill you, then go for it.
When I had a Mercury Mystique and wanted a Contour SVT, i did it as soon as i could. Never had a problem with the cost. it was well worth it.
>>>>Now, after having that SVT for 13 years.. and getting old, I am ready to drive normally.<<<<
But the fun i had with the Contour SVT was wonderful andwell worth the price of admission. [angel]
If you like to drive fast in some twisties.. then go for the ST, and never look back.

Whats that mean? You can't be older & have a SVT & drive normally? What=[giggle]

Kabigon 03-30-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Can you get one for a few grand off of MSRP?