Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ford Focus & General Car Chat (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Which cars would you buy 'just because'? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=312904)

RedComet 03-28-2013 03:56 AM

Which cars would you buy 'just because'?

I think we've all had that moment.

You know, you're on the road, cruising, or more likely, stuck in traffic, and ahead, or behind, or to the side of you is a car that makes you go, "You know, even if I didn't need it, I'd love to have one of those. It looks/sounds/drives/whatever so cool/well/etc". You know what I'm talking about. Maybe it's not your favorite kind of car, but if you weren't totally in love with what you were already driving (like most of us here are), you'd give it a shot, or maybe recommend it to someone you know, or damn, you'd just like to test drive one for the hell of it.

Doesn't have to be sporty, or a luxury car. Just one of those cars that always makes you go, "Damn, not bad. That's a decent car."

Me? I continually hear myself saying this about the Honda Fit. I'm not sure I'd ever buy one with my own money, but if one dropped out of the sky and found its way to me, I'd be way more excited than anyone should be over an A-segment hatch. I also feel this way about the new Escape. Not really my thing...but I definitely wouldn't feel awful owning one, either. The new Fusion, too. I don't like midsize sedans, but that one ticks EVERY single box, except for a lack of a manual in the Titanium trim. A friend of mine bought one, and I'm really hoping I'll get to drive it at some point. [rofl]

TheGlassMaker 03-28-2013 04:24 AM

I like this thread, can't wait to see others post.

For me.

I've always wanted a built MX5 miata. Probably never happen cause I hate convertables, and it wouldn't be economical, but they look like they can be loads of fun.

Jeep wrangler, again another toy that looks like lots of fun and would be awesome to build. I've rode in several and I think they are a pain to get in even at stock height and again not really likeing open top driving. But I would take if given to me for sure.

Sent from 34.0764 N, 118.4296 W

RonMaiden 03-28-2013 06:09 AM

A new Mustang GT

RedComet 03-28-2013 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonMaiden (Post 4657696)
A new Mustang GT

It's such a stupidly good car, isn't it? Ever since the current generation came out, I've wanted one. I'm not sure I could live with one every day, gas prices, somewhat unrefined handling, insurance, etc... But, damn. It's cheap, it goes very fast, goes sideways, and looks amazing. Not to mention it makes a great noise. My fiancee and I's 'car strategy' going forward for the next few years precludes us from having something like that for the time being...but if things were different...agh. It's so good. You just can't buy that kind of performance and charm (new) at that price in any other car right now. Except for the 370Z. That'll hang tough with the newer 'stangs.

#1fordfan 03-28-2013 06:30 AM

1969 mach 1 428 cobra jet [gunfire]

SkyPilot 03-28-2013 07:25 AM

One car I have always been in awe of is the Ariel Atom. Not an ounce of being practical all about performance and handling and not much else.

But realistically the MK3 focus is this for me, which is why I bought one of course.

Darthenstein 03-28-2013 08:32 AM

F150 fx4 :)

1slofofo 03-28-2013 08:42 AM

fusion w/ 2L turbo :)

macdiesel 03-28-2013 08:52 AM

Renault R5 turbo. An impractical hacth because the engines in back.

Elizabeth 03-28-2013 09:28 AM

I would need a 100 car garage... LOL.
Though the most recent car was a 2013 Focus ST I passed (turning onto my street from a side street) . waited for it to catch up and i honked at the driver... Still had dealer temp plates on it....