Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Will aftermarket Projector Headlights be availble for 2012-2013 cars before to long? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=312746)

chasingsafety69 03-26-2013 01:20 PM

Will aftermarket Projector Headlights be availble for 2012-2013 cars before to long?

I love a nice pair of aftermarket projector headlights. Ebay has nothing and I don't see any where else. I think it would greatly improve the look of the cars

suss6052 03-26-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasingsafety69 (Post 4654586)
I love a nice pair of aftermarket projector headlights. Ebay has nothing and I don't see any where else. I think it would greatly improve the look of the cars

Products already exist, they have been listed on ebay as well as alibaba. The quality of these chinese assemblies is sub par and the first announced set in the us had to be sent back to the tune of $170 in shipping to try and recover the $570 or so purchase price, as they shorted out and fried the circuit board for the LED strips and the lamps themselves.

0/10 would not recommend.

The only viable solution at the moment is the o.e. parts, but they are very expensive new from Ford.

jdubhack 03-26-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasingsafety69 (Post 4654586)

Yes. They already do. Ebay has a bunch of them for the Mk3. There are a number of threads concerning this very topic.

jdubhack 03-26-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suss6052 (Post 4654595)
Products already exist, they have been listed on ebay as well as alibaba. The quality of these chinese assemblies is sub par and the first announced set in the us had to be sent back to the tune of $170 in shipping to try and recover the $570 or so purchase price, as they shorted out and fried the circuit board for the LED strips.

The only viable solution at the moment is the o.e. parts, but they are very expensive.

Jinx.

suss6052 03-26-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdubhack (Post 4654597)
Jinx.

[wiggle] [ninja][giggle]

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...ostcount=34550

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by meattooth (Post 4574940)
Alright Im still awake can't sleep after the headlight bs. Hooked up retrosolutions hids and dropped both headlights in plugged them up and.......badass. A minute goes by while waiting for the slow start hids to reach full brightness the passenger brow goes out. Look at the front and the halo is still lit then the brow flickers back on then does the half power dim then fade to dead. Pulled the rubber cover off the back and it stunk like only burning electronics can. so the turn signal and upper brow are toast but the halo and hids work perfectly. nice cutoff on the projectors too. Anyway old ones are back in waiting for the holiday in China to be over. F in epic fail

BlueIce 03-26-2013 02:35 PM

I'll say I'm quite disappointed in the lack of aftermarket parts for the 2012 focus, such as projector headlights. The only ones that do exist are expensive and crazy cheap quality.

REK21 03-28-2013 04:17 AM

Theretrofitsource.com

novus 03-28-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REK21 (Post 4657650)
Theretrofitsource.com

this.

cobie56 03-28-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suss6052 (Post 4654595)
Products already exist, they have been listed on ebay as well as alibaba. The quality of these chinese assemblies is sub par and the first announced set in the us had to be sent back to the tune of $170 in shipping to try and recover the $570 or so purchase price, as they shorted out and fried the circuit board for the LED strips and the lamps themselves.

The only viable solution at the moment is the o.e. parts, but they are very expensive new from Ford.

perhaps the OP's question should have been 'the availability of QUALITY' lights?
not the cheapo chinese ones....

REK21 03-28-2013 12:45 PM

I would like to do some projectors from the retrofit source as I think they look tremendously better than just throwing an HID bulb into a headlamp. But I am kind of worried about cracking open the headlamps...