Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   So i got my car back from being service, and i have a dent in my door :( (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=312662)

k1ngkev1n1 03-25-2013 12:21 PM

So i got my car back from being service, and i have a dent in my door :(
 
Took my car in for transmission issues when select shifting from 2-3 there is a delay, i get it back and i had to pay for a nail in the tire which i understood, but after i left i look at the car at the gas station and there was a dent in the passenger side door. Took it right back to the dealership service guy didnt question me set up a time to bring it back in so i just dropped my car off again and they will have it for another 4 days to fix since they cant just pop it out. Now im stuck driving this POS fiat 500 for the next 4 days.... second time i am stuck with a fiat.... And everyt ime i bring my car in or pick it up i have to miss a couple hours of work just to make it on time to the dealership. So this is ending up costing me money because of their damage. Starting to bother me....[mad]

gsxrboy 03-25-2013 12:34 PM

So these guys ding your door, hope you don't notice and send you on your way? I would definitely take my car somewhere else, who knows what else they are trying to hide!

dutd33 03-25-2013 12:41 PM

I'm sure my wife wouldn't mind driving a Fiat 500 for a few days since it's such a girly car, but hopefully they don't hide anything else from you. Maybe it's time for another dealership.

k1ngkev1n1 03-25-2013 12:43 PM

Yea very annoying I've only had the car for 4 months pretty much brand new. I hand wash it only so I know if anything happens to it. Frustrating when I saw it, but glad I noticed in time to take it right back. Didn't want some kind of arguement about how I did it myself. They should give me some free floor mats if something lol.

k1ngkev1n1 03-25-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutd33 (Post 4652994)
I'm sure my wife wouldn't mind driving a Fiat 500 for a few days since it's such a girly car, but hopefully they don't hide anything else from you. Maybe it's time for another dealership.

Yea I'm an athlete... Doesn't quiet suite me... Lol. Coworkers laugh when they see roll up in the red fiat... Two weeks in a row.

Tubeway Army 03-25-2013 12:48 PM

Too bad the Fiat isn't a Abarth, might be enjoyable at least.

That's typical for dealers ....I always visually inspect my car for damage interior and exterior before leaving the lot. I have experienced scuffed interior components, dents, wheels all banged up by either dropping them face first on the dirty concrete floor or even better when the sloppy mechanic bounced an impact wrench off of the face which looks real nice. Dealer told me they will have to send the wheels out for refinishing and that I would need to drive around on a spare for a week.

What's interesting is you mentioned "transmission issues" so you can blame all your headaches on something Ford say's is normal.

k1ngkev1n1 03-25-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tubeway Army (Post 4653011)
Too bad the Fiat isn't a Abarth, might be enjoyable at least.

That's typical for dealers ....I always visually inspect my car for damage interior and exterior before leaving the lot. I have experienced scuffed interior components, dents, wheels all banged up by either dropping them face first on the dirty concrete floor or even better when the sloppy mechanic bounced an impact wrench off of the face which looks real nice. Dealer told me they will have to send the wheels out for refinishing and that I would need to drive around on a spare for a week.

What's interesting is you mentioned "transmission issues" so you can blame all your headaches on something Ford say's is normal.

Yes transmission issues, and the ford service guy actually acknowledged that it was an issue, but his response was ford doesnt have an update now so i just have to wait. So they just re flashed the transmission and retaught it. And basically said wait for next update and hope for a fix.

Kabigon 03-25-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k1ngkev1n1 (Post 4653018)
...his response was ford doesnt have an update now so i just have to wait. So they just re flashed the transmission...

The TCM cannot be "reflashed" if there is not an update.
What they probably did was reset the adaptive learning.

Tubeway Army 03-25-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k1ngkev1n1 (Post 4653018)
Yes transmission issues, and the ford service guy actually acknowledged that it was an issue, but his response was ford doesnt have an update now so i just have to wait. So they just re flashed the transmission and retaught it. And basically said wait for next update and hope for a fix.

Is it grinding between shifts and at launch? Long drawn out clutch slippage sound, sounds like your dragging a metal garbage can down the road filled with marbles.

If Ford offered me a manual conversion for free, I would take it in a New York Minute...I am holding out some hope that it improves but I am very pessimistic at this point.

Tubeway Army 03-25-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabigon (Post 4653025)
The TCM cannot be "reflashed" if there is not an update.
What they probably did was reset the adaptive learning.

Which means more grinding and quirks till it re-learns.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:40 AM.


http://www.focusfanatics.com/aboutus/copyright.asp