Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Looking for PCV valve - Any Engine pics available? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=312486)

PandT 03-22-2013 11:57 PM

Looking for PCV valve - Any Engine pics available?

I have searched the Forum
I have been to the Ford Parts Site - with my VIN
There is not a part number or location for the PCV Valve in the diagrams shown
I looked at all the descriptions and all the low res diagrams
There is a 'Crankcase Breather' tube connected to an 'Oil Separator' on the block
There is a 'PCV Valve Hose' - Cam cover to intake
There is no PCV Valve listed

Questions:
Does this engine have a PCV Valve?
If so, where is it specifically? And where in the parts list if you know.
Are there any decent pictures of the engine out of the car from different angles. I Googled but no joy.

mikebontoft 03-23-2013 12:13 AM

I admit I am not the best source for you.... but If they didn't completely change the duratec, it is under/behind the intake manifold, a little closer to the left (driver's) side. It's best to remove the manifold.

TheGlassMaker 03-23-2013 12:29 AM

I always look on youtube before I search any where, if it's common to replace/ or fix. someone has recorded it. Such a life saver many times over.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

thejordan 03-23-2013 01:50 AM

All cars have a pcv for smog. Go to dealer or call one. They have better diagrams.

PandT 03-23-2013 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGlassMaker (Post 4649720)
I always look on youtube before I search any where, if it's common to replace/ or fix. someone has recorded it. Such a life saver many times over.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

A 2002 Ford Escape ---

I have an MK3(2013) Focus - No Turbo, are they the same engines?

There is still no Ford parts reference, location diagram(s) or anything else I can find on the net. I saw someone else in this forum say that it is behind the intake manifold and bolted to the block? Please, say it isn't true. The 'Crankcase Breather/Separator' is bolted to the block on the intake side underneath the intake manifold according to the diagrams where I can't even see it, even in daylight.

The Ford Parts diagrams do NOT show the 'Valve' - So where is it exactly?

PandT 03-23-2013 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thejordan (Post 4649769)
All cars have a pcv for smog. Go to dealer or call one. They have better diagrams.

I like your posts in general but this one was not really helpful.

I know that all cars have PCV, the question is where is it on my car.

If the dealers have better diagrams, can they be purchased?. Is there a book or better, on online or purchasable service manual?
I know so little about modern small engines and this one in particular that a service manual would probably be a good investment, where can I get one?

PandT 03-23-2013 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikebontoft (Post 4649713)
I admit I am not the best source for you.... but If they didn't completely change the duratec, it is under/behind the intake manifold, a little closer to the left (driver's) side. It's best to remove the manifold.

That is what I have seen from all my forum searching however, the Ford parts diagrams show nothing labeled as a 'PCV Valve'. No separate call out or even location. A service manual is looking better all the time even though, if available to us it is probably expensive, still, I haven't seen any references to service manuals in this forum, do they still make them available to the public for purchase? If not, are third parties selling them?

TheGlassMaker 03-23-2013 02:42 AM

yes the escape has the 2.0 duratec, as mentioned in mikes post.

It most likely in the same spot as the older 2.0, doubtful ford changed the location being its basically the same engine.

jimfocus 03-23-2013 07:54 AM

Rock auto lists a PCV valve and crank case vent hose, Motorcraft part # KCV224 for the 2012 for about $17.

PandT 03-23-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGlassMaker (Post 4649802)
yes the escape has the 2.0 duratec, as mentioned in mikes post.

It most likely in the same spot as the older 2.0, doubtful ford changed the location being its basically the same engine.

I believe you, it's just that I can't find it anywhere on the net.
I just spent an 2 hours with Google, apparently there are no service manuals or parts places that actually sell the valve. I'm really surprised that service manuals are not available for the MK3.

I just want to know more about my new toy, ignorance is not my favorite state of mind. On a humorous side note, the wife just accused my of loving the car more than her because i'm spending so much time on it, my reply was that she doesn't have leather seats and doesn't respond to voice commands, at least she laughed.