Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Technical Chat (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Need help asap! (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=312477)

StreetSoldier60 03-22-2013 08:51 PM

Need help asap!

ok so doing some work on the focus and I pulled out the wiring harness for the fuel injectors completely now I'm reinstalling everything and have one wire left to go and have no clue where it goes. It is is single wire with one connector its a black with orange stripe wire and like i said has only the one connector what does this plug into? need the help quick guys thanks in advance and i'm sure i'm just being retarded but been a long day and work and just can't get past this hump in reinstall. thanks in advance all!

[mad] [???:)] [scratch] [?|]

elsolo 03-22-2013 10:51 PM

Looking at diagram:

Black/orange wire goes to the coil on the rear of the cylinder head.

There is also an Org/blk wire fir the data link connector, not sure where it goes except "under left side of dash"

StreetSoldier60 03-23-2013 05:19 AM

ok yea because its just a single wire and i don't see its counter part anywhere it comes off the harness by the knock sensor but has more length to it and its just a single wire and I can't tell where it goes if its the data link cable that means it wouldn't connect to anything correct?

elsolo 03-23-2013 12:01 PM

If it is black with and orange stripe, look at the coil for a place to plug the connector in. You won't find anther black/org wire to plug it into.

iminhell 03-23-2013 12:45 PM

There is no single wire connector in the F/I harness ... unless you're not talking about the F/I harness I know (which holds the connectors for the CHT, CPS, KS, FRPS, TPS, IAC and fuel injectors).

The wire for the Ignition Coil Resistor, comes out of the harness on the trans.

Milton 03-23-2013 06:16 PM

One of the things I like about digital cameras is it's so cheap to take pictures of every step during removal. It's saved my butt when it's time to reinstall. A cheap digital camera is one of the most useful tools in my tool box.

StreetSoldier60 03-23-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iminhell (Post 4650186)
There is no single wire connector in the F/I harness ... unless you're not talking about the F/I harness I know (which holds the connectors for the CHT, CPS, KS, FRPS, TPS, IAC and fuel injectors).

The wire for the Ignition Coil Resistor, comes out of the harness on the trans.

ok you have the main plug for the F/I harness, it branches off for the temp sensor in the head, knock sensor, the fuel injectors itself, the crank sensor and then there is just the single wire with a connector on the end of it that has a female end I'll check the back of the coil tonight. maybe its the Crank Sensor? i dunno but that wouldn't be a single wire would it? i bet its for the coil cuz it seems to be long enough to go that way

whynotthinkwhynot 03-23-2013 08:26 PM

It sounds like it goes to the radio interference capacitor. One side of the capacitor will be grounded, the other side will be a hot. If it blows, it will blow the ECU fuse. If it isn't connected, then you'll have VROOM in your speakers with the spark. It can also affect the operation of the ECU, and that's why it is grounded through the capacitor on that circuit.

StreetSoldier60 03-23-2013 11:01 PM

hmm see i have pics on my cell phone i can text people if you PM me your number sorry no way of posting pics right now. but this wire is in my F/I harness and it can't go past the 3rd injector coming FROM the timing belt side so no way for it to reach the back of my coil, that wire is there. I'm totally at a loss i don't see its counter part too hook up to anywhere...

iminhell 03-24-2013 08:53 AM

Strike that,
It isn't Black/Orange, it's Black/Yellow but the Low Oil Pressure Switch is a single wire.