Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   DURATEC Performance (2003-2007) (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Hydraulic passenger motor mount questions (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=312466)

GreySkorpion 03-22-2013 04:28 PM

Hydraulic passenger motor mount questions

Okay, we have all read the horrors and the like of Anchor brand aftermarket motor mounts. Has anyone found a decent place to get the Passenger side hydraulic mount insert that has held up, other than a OEM Ford part? My bracket is fine, I am just asking about this part:

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Front-Right-E...ezw~~60_12.JPG

amc49 03-22-2013 10:29 PM

Well, they only show a 5 year warranty where the others show lifetime, but that is a lifetime of changing them...................

felixthecat 03-22-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amc49 (Post 4649619)
well, they only show a 5 year warranty where the others show lifetime, but that is a lifetime of changing them...................

lol ^^^^^^^^^^^^

felixthecat 03-22-2013 10:48 PM

[QUOTE=GreyScorpion;4649253]Okay, we have all read the horrors and the like of Anchor brand or DEA aftermarket motor mounts. Has anyone found a decent place to get the Passenger side hydraulic mount insert that has held up, other than a OEM Ford part? My bracket is fine, I am just asking about this part:

How 'bout motorcraft?

GreySkorpion 03-22-2013 11:48 PM

Thanks for no help......I was simply asking if any brand worked for anyone besides Motorcraft (which is what OEM means).

felixthecat 03-23-2013 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreyScorpion (Post 4649695)
Thanks for no help......I was simply asking if any brand worked for anyone besides Motorcraft (which is what OEM means).

Sorry I didn't look it up. Just to say there is a price difference in motorcraft & "ford" rotors as is typical.

GreySkorpion 03-23-2013 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amc49 (Post 4649619)
Well, they only show a 5 year warranty where the others show lifetime, but that is a lifetime of changing them...................

Thanks for trying to be funny. It was you that used rubber "donuts" from a old attic ceiling fan to put in your motor mounts wasnt it??? Yeah, great concept there. You also build your own computers but cant figure out how to post a picture from your camera because you dont have a cell phone. If you have nothing to add to my question, then please dont comment. FYI, DEA mounts get great reviews, Anchor does not. I can replace a DEA mount 7 times for the cost of a OEM/Motorcraft mount. It takes all of 10 minutes to do.

JüstCantFocüs 03-23-2013 12:24 AM

A few told me awhile ago to just buy oem for that mount, not sure why. I would just go that route. Good luck Jon :)

Milton 03-24-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreyScorpion (Post 4649714)

FYI, DEA mounts get great reviews, Anchor does not. I can replace a DEA mount 7 times for the cost of a OEM/Motorcraft mount. It takes all of 10 minutes to do.

For my daughter's 2007 SES the OEM cost was $80, EBay lists the DEA for $32. So a significant savings but not seven times.

I have seen both good and bad reports about DEA, but due to the wide range of install techniques and driving environments it's difficult to draw a firm conclusion.

Time to change just the passenger motor mount? Well if you start with driving into the garage and end with cleaning the tools and putting them away, say 30-45 minutes.

For me it's a 170 mile trip to do the repair. I did not want any fitment issues and did not want to revisit the issue for another 80k miles, so I replaced all three mounts with OEM parts. Took 2 hours.

VEGAS 03-24-2013 05:54 PM

Buy OEM, I did the Circle Jerk once ... GET OEM.. And Replace the dog with Poly if you want it to last forever, or again, OEM.. Tranny is cheap to do and Any brand will be OK since this mount is under a different pressure.

THIS is EXPERIENCE talking...