Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Two FSWERKS Race Exhaust and Steeda CAI clips (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=312404)

RedComet 03-21-2013 07:10 PM

Two FSWERKS Race Exhaust and Steeda CAI clips

For anyone wondering what the set-up sounds like (there aren't too many clips of the Race out there), well, now you know. Both were done on a windy day, so forgive any wind noise. Also the fly-by was only partial throttle. People on here have said that this combo sounds like an old WRX boxer, and I'm inclined to agree. Doing these also required that I really turn down the camera's sound sensitivity; it's pretty loud.

Watch both in HD for best audio.

Revs + Flyby
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Start-up & Idle
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I haven't done any in-car ones, and it's pretty loud in there when you step on it, but it sounds good to my ears. I didn't do any stock comparison; you guys all know how the Mk.III sounds stock.

_RED_ 03-21-2013 07:26 PM

I like it man, if I had not opted for a custom magnaflow setup I would have the same thing.

suss6052 03-21-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _RED_ (Post 4647964)
I like it man, if I had not opted for a custom magnaflow setup I would have the same thing.

The op is a Woman afaik. [poke] I know, it's a seemingly odd thing, but there are car girls.

And to this I say rock on [headbang]

SkyPilot 03-22-2013 10:33 AM

it sounds great! but how is it on the highway at 65-70mph?

RedComet 03-23-2013 03:50 AM

Suss6052's right. ;D

SkyPilot, It's not too bad. If you keep it to around 65mph, on a highway without a grade, you're spared the worst of it. Accelerating from 65mph to 75mph from 5th gear and you'll get a good dose of drone. I don't like to pass or speed up with 5th gear at all, just cruise, so it doesn't bother me too often. With this, it's keep your right foot light, or set the cruise to 65 and forget it. 3200-3300rpm seem to be where it's at the absolute worst.

Vuj311 05-01-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedComet (Post 4649806)
Suss6052's right. ;D

SkyPilot, It's not too bad. If you keep it to around 65mph, on a highway without a grade, you're spared the worst of it. Accelerating from 65mph to 75mph from 5th gear and you'll get a good dose of drone. I don't like to pass or speed up with 5th gear at all, just cruise, so it doesn't bother me too often. With this, it's keep your right foot light, or set the cruise to 65 and forget it. 3200-3300rpm seem to be where it's at the absolute worst.

you are 100% right lol that drone makes everything shake but i LOVE it. too bad i took it off and am selling it so i can either get a REX or an ST. still a toss up