Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ford Focus & General Car Chat (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Biggest question ever!!! (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=310604)

smurfsack 03-01-2013 10:25 PM

Biggest question ever!!!

i have had my focus for 7 years.....i am not in love with this car....at all. is there something im missing? i mean this entire website is all about the focus. but i just dont get it. what is so special about these cars? why am i not as stoked as some of you guys?

1slofofo 03-01-2013 10:28 PM

It's because you have to make your car what you want out of it. Make it look good. People do this by modifying, tinting, lowering, roof racks, wheels, colors on wheels, lights, wings, chrome, dechroming, painting trim pieces, CAI's, engine mods, interior swaps, etc.

04ZTSJelf 03-01-2013 10:33 PM

Are you missing the cup holder inserts? Thats why my sister sold her 05....[?|]

Seriously though, you just have to make it your own.

Deftmetal 03-01-2013 10:35 PM

I did nothing to my last car and barely cared about it. My focus has had lots done to it and it just makes me want to keep going.

Mr.Bergner 03-01-2013 10:48 PM

This site is why I love the fOCUS

goinloco1 03-01-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smurfsack (Post 4615863)
i have had my focus for 7 years.....i am not in love with this car....at all. is there something im missing? i mean this entire website is all about the focus. but i just dont get it. what is so special about these cars? why am i not as stoked as some of you guys?

Sometimes certain cars are just that to a person... a car.
My last focus I liked but never enough to dump money into and never gave a second thought when I sold it. It was just a car.
When you find a car thats you and fits your personality you'll know. Until then just drive and enjoy what you have.

thenorm 03-01-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smurfsack (Post 4615863)

You just might not be a car person.

Cars are commuter appliances for some, but are much more for us here.

scott7278 03-01-2013 11:25 PM

I agree with everyone else...Foci are not for everyone, or else everyone would have one. There are just certain cars that seem to be custom-built for people - love at first drive. Others say "It's not quite there yet" and make it their own. Yet others are indifferent, or even can't stand a particular car.

Much like human relationships, only the car can't feel emotions...yet. :-)

smurfsack 03-01-2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04ZTSJelf (Post 4615881)
Are you missing the cup holder inserts? Thats why my sister sold her 05....[?|]

Seriously though, you just have to make it your own.

hahaha YES! lost one in san diego and tossed the other one out on accident in disneyland parking lot. it was stuck to a cup i tossed in trash. that was 5 years ago and im still furious

smurfsack 03-01-2013 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deftmetal (Post 4615885)
I did nothing to my last car and barely cared about it. My focus has had lots done to it and it just makes me want to keep going.

what have you done to yours to personalize? or to make better?