Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Rear lower control arm bolts stuck (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=310339)

firstv8focus 02-27-2013 09:55 AM

Rear lower control arm bolts stuck

I have a 2000 ford focus zts with a bad bushing in the rear lower control arm. I have already replaced the passenger side control arm and now im working on replacing the drivers side. my problem is after i got the car on jack stands and everything. i put my floor jack under the spring and raised the control arm. i sprayed the nuckle bolt with pb blaster and waited then sprayed it again and put a 17mm deep impact socket on it with a 2 foot breacker bar and it would only turn a half of a turn and then stop. i know that the bolts are rusted to the bushings for a fact because i had to cut the passenger control arm out with a grinder. i plan on doing that to the drivers side because i already have the new control arm but i have no idea where to get the bolts for it at. i called ford to see if i could get the adjuster bolt from them and the guy said that he couldnt get it so i think that im screwed. any ideas or help with getting the bolts for this would be great.

gondorian 02-27-2013 10:14 AM

You can get the bolts from ford. It is part number 6S4Z-5K978-AA. It should cost 10-15 for each one.

firstv8focus 02-27-2013 10:36 AM

Ok thanks. I will call ford back and give it a shot.

gondorian 02-27-2013 01:13 PM

If your local dealer doesn't seem to be able to get them try searching online for the part number and also call Tousley Ford and Village Ford. They have good prices for parts shipped.

firstv8focus 02-27-2013 03:05 PM

Well I called my local dealer back and gave him that part number and the guy said that it was the bolt im looking for but it went to a 05 and up. I've looked online for hours and came up with nothing as so.

splicedwdm 02-27-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firstv8focus (Post 4611558)
Well I called my local dealer back and gave him that part number and the guy said that it was the bolt im looking for but it went to a 05 and up. I've looked online for hours and came up with nothing as so.

Just a thought, would it be worth checking a wreckers? Perhaps someone had theirs replaced not long before scrapping it.

Is the '05 bolt compatible? Same dimensions/thread?

firstv8focus 02-27-2013 03:19 PM

That I'm not sure of yet. After the guy said that it was for a 05 he basically said that it wouldn't work. I might just have to be careful and grind the metal sleeve off of the bolt like I did on the passenger side. I didn't want to go through that again though cause its a real pain

bringler26 02-27-2013 03:34 PM

same rear suspension on an 05-11 as an 00-04 just an fyi

rambleon84 02-27-2013 03:42 PM

iirc, the rears suspension/subframe are the same from 00-07(00-'11?) Only thing excluded would be the wagons.

PSUrivie 02-27-2013 04:05 PM

yeah the rear subframe is the same from 00-11. Except for the rear trailing arms.