Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   need some help/opinions, going lower (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=310208)

Infam0usprime 02-25-2013 06:31 PM

need some help/opinions, going lower
 
Well ive been seriously considering going lower with my focus i have the pro kit currently and it is very nice, but ive been thinking about getting the sportlines. the only real thing im concerned about is my focus is my daily driver highway miles daily, and ive never acutally driven a real lowered car im use to my dodge ram with the 3 inch lift and 33 inch tires. i love the look of lower but driveable cars. so i want to know people with the sportlines or something else that is lower than the pro kit, how is your guys daily driving with them? is it a pain in the ass or just something you get use too?

Creative 02-25-2013 08:19 PM

Springs will not be bad but im lowered on st coilovers with massive control arms.the rides a bit stiff but not bad. I live in nj.

Infam0usprime 02-26-2013 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Creative (Post 4608496)
Springs will not be bad but im lowered on st coilovers with massive control arms.the rides a bit stiff but not bad. I live in nj.

dont really have the money to put down for coilovers, $1200 vs $178 for sportlines lol maybe someday ill get coilovers, unless i find some good coilovers that arent that expensive

Infam0usprime 02-26-2013 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Creative (Post 4608496)
Springs will not be bad but im lowered on st coilovers with massive control arms.the rides a bit stiff but not bad. I live in nj.

nice to meet another NJ native lol i dont think Tuckerton is that far from Brick either. and i see you have an ST -_- would of got it just dont really wanna bother with a manual trans =/ lol ive only seen 1 ST on the road so far here and that was as soon as i got off my exit on the parkway from work one day then he just vanished lol

150mphzetec 02-26-2013 12:59 AM

sport lines wont lower you too much to the point you will have to worry about it. I have sport lines on my DD and they aren't bad on the highway. At times they suck when driving around on the broken city streets but it is bearable. There is no way I would use the standard springs ever again

Infam0usprime 02-26-2013 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 150mphzetec (Post 4608889)
sport lines wont lower you too much to the point you will have to worry about it. I have sport lines on my DD and they aren't bad on the highway. At times they suck when driving around on the broken city streets but it is bearable. There is no way I would use the standard springs ever again

hmm im not sure yet i know i want the look bad i love the look

StingRay 02-26-2013 01:55 AM

To be honest, the coilovers in this thread (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=308645) are a freaking awesome deal. Yeah, springs are still cheaper, but where else are you going to find coils for less than $600. If I was still in my SE I would be purchasing the VMaxx's for sure.

bluebullet 02-26-2013 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StingRay (Post 4608903)
To be honest, the coilovers in this thread (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=308645) are a freaking awesome deal. Yeah, springs are still cheaper, but where else are you going to find coils for less than $600. If I was still in my SE I would be purchasing the VMaxx's for sure.

That's a very good price for coils! Ill have to tell my buddy with se about those


Sent from jeremy's iPhone using FF Mobile

ad1das 02-26-2013 08:40 AM

My car on sportlines, and 17's. The first thing i did was lower the car. The camber is nice and it handles great. This is my DD.

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/t...ps78600691.jpg

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/t...ps1d58ee05.jpg

bluebullet 02-26-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ad1das (Post 4609137)
My car on sportlines, and 17's. The first thing i did was lower the car. The camber is nice and it handles great. This is my DD.

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/t...ps78600691.jpg

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/t...ps1d58ee05.jpg

Looks great!


Sent from jeremy's iPhone using FF Mobile


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:31 PM.


http://www.focusfanatics.com/aboutus/copyright.asp