Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Well today sucked.. (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=310137)

Rybo13 02-24-2013 10:46 PM

Well today sucked..

Took the wife out for dinner tonight pulling into the restaurant parking lot I caught some ice that was left over and slid my driver's side front tire into a curb. The tire popped immediately and scratched the hell out of the rim. I placed the spare on it and immediately began cursing at myself for being so stupid! I am taking it into the Ford dealer tomorrow in hopes that they have a replacement tire for me. As for the rim I don't know what to do, its not chipped, bent or anything just scuffed up. Also the tire pressure monitoring thing wont go off, I assume Ford will figure that one out. Just wanted to vent on one of the most idiotic things I have ever done in my short adult life.

-Ryan

Holden 02-24-2013 10:57 PM

If that's among the worst you've ever done, my son, you're doing great so far.

And at least you didn't do any damage to the car's bodywork...

sjdwales 02-24-2013 10:59 PM

tpms will come on since the wheel is in trunk with no air. once u install new tire on wheel it should turn off. if tpms light starts flashing at you then u have a bad sensor.

Rybo13 02-24-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holden (Post 4606816)
If that's among the worst you've ever done, my son, you're doing great so far.

And at least you didn't do any damage to the car's bodywork...

True, I'm just hoping I didn't mess the alignment up

FocusOnMeNow 02-24-2013 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rybo13 (Post 4606798)
Took the wife out for dinner tonight pulling into the restaurant parking lot I caught some ice that was left over and slid my driver's side front tire into a curb. The tire popped immediately and scratched the hell out of the rim. I placed the spare on it and immediately began cursing at myself for being so stupid! I am taking it into the Ford dealer tomorrow in hopes that they have a replacement tire for me. As for the rim I don't know what to do, its not chipped, bent or anything just scuffed up. Also the tire pressure monitoring thing wont go off, I assume Ford will figure that one out. Just wanted to vent on one of the most idiotic things I have ever done in my short adult life.

-Ryan

Everyrim has a great selection just in case....

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Xparent Blue FF Mobile

Holden 02-24-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rybo13 (Post 4606825)

Oh yeah: there's that.

thejordan 02-24-2013 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rybo13 (Post 4606825)

you did. good thing alignments are only like $40-60.

if your wheel is bent, you can find plenty on ebay or craigslist.

ZXthrizzle05 02-24-2013 11:51 PM

make sure tie rods and the hub is okay as well

Some Guy From NY 02-25-2013 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thejordan (Post 4606919)
you did. good thing alignments are only like $40-60.

if your wheel is bent, you can find plenty on ebay or craigslist.

$40-60 eh?

Try $99 at one Ford Dealer in PA, and $169.99 at one Ford dealer in Brooklyn NY...

thejordan 02-25-2013 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Some Guy From NY (Post 4606949)
$40-60 eh?

Try $99 at one Ford Dealer in PA, and $169.99 at one Ford dealer in Brooklyn NY...

You know other places than stealerships do alignments right? Most places do front end alignments around $40-50. A 4 wheel alignment from $60-90.