Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   The ultimate upgrade? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=310121)

OPsDad 02-24-2013 06:19 PM

The ultimate upgrade?
 
I've learned there are a number of things built into our cars (e.g., DRL's) that are something that the dealer can just "turn on" using their magic computer.

I think the ultimate upgrade would be to get one of those magic computers, or even better, software and a cable to use your own computer to do what you want to your car!

How difficult would it be? Could someone perhaps "clone" this and get away with it? I have to wonder... [wrenchin]

thejordan 02-24-2013 07:00 PM

Bcm is programmed from ford per vin. You can't make changes to it without taking someone else's vin program.

OPsDad 02-24-2013 07:28 PM

I get that. I'm talking get the machine somehow, or clone its functions with a laptop and cable.... It's all software, anything is possible.

I Bleed Ford Blue 02-24-2013 08:53 PM

You would need someone who is a master at hacking code to reverse engineer to program to gain access to all the functions.

thejordan 02-24-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OPsDad (Post 4606577)
I get that. I'm talking get the machine somehow, or clone its functions with a laptop and cable.... It's all software, anything is possible.

the dealer can't even do it. they can only reflash the VIN-specific program, they can't edit it.

so unless you're a wizard...


you're better off wiring it all up manually.

420Mac 02-25-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thejordan (Post 4606794)
the dealer can't even do it. they can only reflash the VIN-specific program, they can't edit it.

so unless you're a wizard...


you're better off wiring it all up manually.


Hi

A Ford Master Tech guy who can use "not all can" their VCM-IDS system can access PCM-BCM-GEM he then can activate such things as Cruise Control - DDS "Deflation Detection System" and by all accounts other items which have not been activated as standard on specific models, hopefully and with any luck soon we ourselves will be able to access these systems once some talented guys get the software up and running [;)]

There is a saying "here in the UK anyway" what Man makes Man breaks [:)]

420Mac 02-25-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thejordan (Post 4606545)
Bcm is programmed from ford per vin. You can't make changes to it without taking someone else's vin program.

Again by all accounts "I haven't seen it with my own eyes" you can bypass this by not inputting the VIN.

There is a guy on this forum that didn't have Cruise Control fitted as standard on his car but he got a Steering Wheel fitted with the Controls on it and then got the dealer "again some dealers said it couldn't be done" to activate it and it works perfectly.

e.g

- Connect with VCM-IDS
- They should "not" enter your cars VIN code.
- Select "module programming"
- Select > Chasis > GEM
- There is a option selection screen. It looks a bit like an excel sheet.
There is check boxes. Tick the check box for Cruise Control, save and exit.

Working Cruise Control [:)]

OPsDad 02-25-2013 08:36 AM

This seems to fit the data better than any other explanation!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 420Mac (Post 4607321)
Again by all accounts "I haven't seen it with my own eyes" you can bypass this by not inputting the VIN.

There is a guy on this forum that didn't have Cruise Control fitted as standard on his car but he got a Steering Wheel fitted with the Controls on it and then got the dealer "again some dealers said it couldn't be done" to activate it and it works perfectly.

e.g

- Connect with VCM-IDS
- They should "not" enter your cars VIN code.
- Select "module programming"
- Select > Chasis > GEM
- There is a option selection screen. It looks a bit like an excel sheet.
There is check boxes. Tick the check box for Cruise Control, save and exit.

Working Cruise Control [:)]

Exactly. This seems to fit the data of those who have been successful, while others not. It's a matter of knowing to tell them NOT to enter VIN, bypass, and away you go. So I stand by my thread starting post: This is very possibly the ultimate upgrade for a Focus. [read]

mikebontoft 02-25-2013 08:42 AM

someone just megasquirt the damn thing.

thejordan 02-25-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 420Mac (Post 4607291)
Hi

A Ford Master Tech guy who can use "not all can" their VCM-IDS system can access PCM-BCM-GEM he then can activate such things as Cruise Control - DDS "Deflation Detection System" and by all accounts other items which have not been activated as standard on specific models, hopefully and with any luck soon we ourselves will be able to access these systems once some talented guys get the software up and running [;)]

There is a saying "here in the UK anyway" what Man makes Man breaks [:)]

a bit idealistic trying to get a dealer to do it though don't you think?

OP should just get a job at as a tech at a ford dealer, it'd be cheaper than all the hardware/software to get it done.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:43 AM.


http://www.focusfanatics.com/aboutus/copyright.asp