Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Focus SVT (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Planned - Mach HID spruce up (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=309886)

p0sitivevibez 02-21-2013 04:30 PM

Planned - Mach HID spruce up
 
Whatup folks? One of my ballasts went out on my Mach's. On top of that, I have tried restoring the lenses about 3 times now. Even used the good 3m Kit. They're still fudged up. So I'm going to be doing a complete spruce up-

-Replace both ballasts (either 35 or 55), aftermarket
-replace both bulbs, aftermarket
-swap OEM non-Mach lenses onto the Machs (sealing with the butyl rubber of course!) (OEM 00-04 regular headlights)
-paint Machs black while I have em cracked open
-clear Lamin-x to protect

I'll be posting progress and pics in this thread. Plan on starting to order items now.

MrJai 03-03-2013 08:41 PM

How about these?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I'm planning on replacing mine (with Depo ones) after winter and coat them with this

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...lant-idea.html

p0sitivevibez 03-04-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrJai (Post 4618368)
How about these?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I'm planning on replacing mine (with Depo ones) after winter and coat them with this

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...lant-idea.html

Those Depos look spot onto the OEMs!!

Good for replacing the whole thing!

I bought a set of brand new OEM 2000-2004 headlights off of ebay. $60 for the pair and $30 for the shipping! These will be my donor housing lenses to swap over to the Machs, via heat gun and screwdriver. I'd rather not stick em in the oven.

I will be pairing that with some LaminX clear on order with the UV option.

Trying to figure out if I want to spend the extra cash on TRS 3Five ballasts with relay harness. Also want to the paint the Machs black while I got them open and see if there is a clear lense upgrade for the projectors.

I want these mofos to be FRESH and as bright and clear as I can. Will get around to HID retrofit in the fogs next :)

p0sitivevibez 03-05-2013 02:10 PM

TRS emailed me back and suggested the Evox-r projector swap. I found on the other Focus site that they don't fit.

So..

OEM housing lense swap
Laminx clear w/UV
TRS E55 clear lenses
TRS Morimoto 50w ballasts/bulbs (5000K)

I would love to swap some upgraded projectors in there but they won't fit and I don't want to mess with fabrication.

Sniper Focus 03-05-2013 04:07 PM

I've done the TRS clear lens swap and I thought it was worth it.

Putting headlights in the over sounds weird and it kept me from painting my Machs for a while. Since the method is all over the internet I gave it a go and it wasn't as bad as I thought, if you use a heat gun keep it moving so you don't concentrate the heat in one spot.

MrJai 03-06-2013 09:51 PM

Cool! Cool!
That's a good idea...Definetly a great place to buy from...I got my D2S and fogs 6k from them and love the look and added visibility

p0sitivevibez 03-11-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper Focus (Post 4621348)
I've done the TRS clear lens swap and I thought it was worth it.

Putting headlights in the over sounds weird and it kept me from painting my Machs for a while. Since the method is all over the internet I gave it a go and it wasn't as bad as I thought, if you use a heat gun keep it moving so you don't concentrate the heat in one spot.

That is very cool!!

My brand new OEM regular headlights just came in (donor lenses).

I will be ordering the 50W 5000k Morimoto system, LaminX and E55 clear lenses on Friday (payday!).

calebstubstad 03-12-2013 11:32 PM

hey, i have machs i just got and am planning to get em atleast working before i get em on my car lol. i sanded and polished em alright, but not perfect, definitely better though. anyways, as for the new hid kit, how do you plan on wiring that in? i am in need of a new ballast, but it's cheaper to just get a ddm tuning hid kit it appears. the machs i got came with the ford pigtail already, so would i just plug power into the wire originally for the low beams? and ground to the negative wire? this is what I'd assume, but please correct me if i am wrong.

p0sitivevibez 03-14-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calebstubstad (Post 4633929)
hey, i have machs i just got and am planning to get em atleast working before i get em on my car lol. i sanded and polished em alright, but not perfect, definitely better though. anyways, as for the new hid kit, how do you plan on wiring that in? i am in need of a new ballast, but it's cheaper to just get a ddm tuning hid kit it appears. the machs i got came with the ford pigtail already, so would i just plug power into the wire originally for the low beams? and ground to the negative wire? this is what I'd assume, but please correct me if i am wrong.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=295910

Don't go with DDM. They're run by scumbags. Get something like this http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...roducts_id=242

Pricier than the cheapo guys but worth it. 5 year warranty and much higher qaulity than DDM or any of the cheapos. (DDM will NOT honor your lifetime warranty, check my thread above, scamming aholes).

I believe the 35w kits plug right in to the Machs, but the 50w kits will have to have some creative wiring. I'll have my buddy help me with that.

calebstubstad 03-14-2013 11:56 AM

yeah, I love TRS. i found just a ballast on ebay for not very expensive, so i'm going with that so I can just get the headlights on right now


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:00 AM.