Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK2 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Rear doors not unlocking (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=309647)

5characters 02-19-2013 06:19 AM

Rear doors not unlocking

So for whatever reason my rear doors wonít always unlock. I will hit the unlock button from both front doors and they will unlock but not the rear. I have taken it to the Ford guys and they donít have a problem with it, I have looked for the interior fuse box but could not find it. The book said by the brake, well we I started pulling panels out I couldnít find it. I was thinking maybe a fuse popped or something like that.
  1. Where is the interior fuse panel?
  2. What could be the problem here?
  3. If it is a fuse can I just swap em out?

05focusST91 02-19-2013 06:42 AM

Do you hear the actuators going off? Its possible you have two bad door lock actuators

5characters 02-19-2013 06:45 AM

Nope I don't hear anything, they just seem dead, even if I pull on the portion that sticks up they don't budge.

05focusST91 02-19-2013 06:48 AM

Do they unlock from the inside? It could be a bad master door lock switch, check for power/ground at the switch for the rear window switches when you try to use them

5characters 02-19-2013 06:53 AM

Nope, sometimes they will unlock if i play with the front doors unlock buttons

05focusST91 02-19-2013 07:04 AM

Its probably the switch then.

5characters 02-19-2013 08:58 AM

Ok so how exactly would I find out?

05focusST91 02-19-2013 04:05 PM

Well if its working from the switch intermittently then it could be a bad connection within the switch, like one of the pins being bad in the connector. See if u can pop up the switch unplug it and plug it back in and see what happens

trevor_shiggs 02-19-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5characters (Post 4595892)
Nope I don't hear anything, they just seem dead, even if I pull on the portion that sticks up they don't budge.

Printable View (3312 KB)
TSB
09-23-4 REAR DOOR LOCK INOPERATIVE - BUILT ON OR BEFORE 10/15/2009

Publication Date: November 9, 2009

FORD: 2009-2010 Focus

This article supersedes TSB 9-21-1 to update the production build date and vehicle model years covered.

ISSUE:
Some 2009-2010 Focus vehicles built on or before 10/15/2009 may exhibit a rear door that does not lock or unlock when using the power lock control switch, remote keyless entry (RKE) transmitter, or manually activating the door lock. This may be due to the upper interior door lock rod interfering with the interior door panel grommet.

ACTION:
Follow the service procedure to correct the condition.

SERVICE PROCEDURE

No tools are required to perform step one.

Turn the door lock rod soldier by hand two (2) complete rotations in a clockwise direction to slightly lower the soldier in the door panel grommet. (Figure 1)

Figure 1 - Article 09-23-4

In a circular motion, wiggle the lock rod in the grommet to slightly enlarge the inner diameter of the lock rod grommet.
Using the power switch or RKE transmitter, electronically actuate the locks. Does the affected door lock now work properly?
Yes - Repair is complete. Do not continue with this procedure.
No - Continue to Step 4.
Remove the interior door panel of the affected side. Reference Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 501-05 for removal and installation procedures.
Using the power switch or RKE transmitter, electronically actuate the locks. Does the affected door lock now work properly with the interior door panel removed?
No - Stop with this procedure. Reference WSM, Section 501-14 for additional diagnostics.
Yes - Proceed to Step 6.
Straighten the vertical door lock rod using pliers or other suitable tool to reduce or eliminate the interference between the lock rod and the door panel grommet.
Verify door lock rod bell crank is properly inserted and positioned on the door. Reference WSM, Section 501-14 for additional information.
Install door panel per WSM, Section 501-05, and verify proper operation.

05focusST91 02-20-2013 05:52 AM

Good find ^ havent seen that one yet