Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Forced Induction (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Anyone know anything about this car? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=309591)

Floodyou76 02-18-2013 02:59 PM

Anyone know anything about this car?

Lately, I have been on the lookout for a nice SVT/ZX3 in a close-ish area to me that I can physically see (sorry west coast guys) to upgrade from my ATX zx3 'beater'. I've been looking for something already boosted (or something cheap enough that will allow for left over money to add some sort of FI) and I came across this on Craigslist.

I apologize ahead of time if Im not allowed to post this link, but Im just wanting input...not advertising or selling anything.

Anyway, I found this car and it seems to have a lot of work done to it, and they mention being involved in some forums.

My Question:

Does anyone know anything about this car and its history? Is it legit? Am I in for surprises (the bad kind) if I look into buying it? Right now, its above my price range, but I was hoping for some input from anyone who might know a thing or two about it?

Here is the link:

http://allentown.craigslist.org/cto/3620388930.html

Any help is appreciated. I am trying to set up a time to go look at it in person, even just for the experience of seeing it up close. It looks like a good amount of work has been done to it when i compare it to my boring stock car.

Mother Focus 02-18-2013 03:13 PM

Go buy that right now!!! His name in FJ is Aducarab over here is something like white lion or similar. Obscene amount of work done in the car with custom and top quality parts.

It really has more than $20K in parts.

Budderybunz 02-18-2013 03:38 PM

Very cool car, but you need to be prepared to put money into it to get it running correctly and keep it running. If you aren't mechanically inclined I wouldn't do it.

Mother Focus 02-18-2013 03:47 PM

He had 2-3 focus, this one he did not ran much, it was ongoing project that not even the tune was finished. Suspension alone has more than $4,000. Like any boosted car will need more maintenance but almost everything is almost new.
This is the build http://forums.focaljet.com/forced-in...ing-build.html

Floodyou76 02-18-2013 05:09 PM

Seems that the pics are not working, but there is alot to read on it. I already started putting together a roush turbo kit...IF I bought that car...How much you think that Turbo kit could sell for if I took it off and put my roush kit on (to make some money back)? He says its a one-off kit. When I get time, I'll read all those pages in that link.

focusmaniaczx3 02-18-2013 05:25 PM

i bet you could get an easy 4 grand out of it but i wouldnt. you should leave that kit on it and loose the roush kit. the one on the car is much more efficient. that is provided you buy the car. it wouldnt cost much more to complete the tuning on that car.

Earls32 02-18-2013 05:39 PM

I have a fully built one 02 zx3 ( formally Roushturobedzx3 car ) for 11k. That's everything included, and tuned. Look his name up on here, and you will find pics. The whp #'s it made are in my signature.

Chris

Mother Focus 02-18-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by focusmaniaczx3 (Post 4594992)
i bet you could get an easy 4 grand out of it but i wouldnt. you should leave that kit on it and loose the roush kit. the one on the car is much more efficient. that is provided you buy the car. it wouldnt cost much more to complete the tuning on that car.

Exactly!!! Totally agree!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earls32 (Post 4595013)
I have a fully built one 02 zx3 ( formally Roushturobedzx3 car ) for 11k. That's everything included, and tuned. Look his name up on here, and you will find pics. The whp #'s it made are in my signature.

Chris

You mean the beast!! LOL
I need to ask you a favor when you get a chance and no rush, need a pic of the clutch stopper for the twin disk, imagine is in the pedal where it meets the safety switch. Text it to (787)399-6000 or email to italoursino@aol.com whatever you prefer. Thanks!!

Earls32 02-18-2013 07:30 PM

^^^^ yea the beast. Lol. I will text you that picture tomorrow when it's light outside

focusmaniaczx3 02-19-2013 07:34 AM

screw all that noise with the twin disk. if i ever decide that 450 isnt enough im just going to get a lentech and call it a day. WAY more driveable, faster, more dependable, harder to break, and lasts much longer. a little more than twice the price of a twin disk but when taking into consideration that for the price you get a tranny that will hold over 700wtq, with LSD, trans brake, and you can still pick what gear you want it isnt bad when taking into consideration that with a mtx you still pay for a LSD, and clutch which combined comes to pretty close the price. but now i think ive driven this thread way off topic...