Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK2 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Interior trim vinyl - Anyone done before? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=309273)

cleonjones 02-14-2013 09:46 PM

Interior trim vinyl - Anyone done before?

Has anyone ever done something like this to their Focus?

Vinyl Trim Kit

I was thinking the maybe the Honey Burlwood, Mahogany or the red or black carbon fiber. I have tan cloth interior, any suggestions?

A7xschecter6661 02-14-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cleonjones (Post 4589425)
Has anyone ever done something like this to their Focus?

Vinyl Trim Kit

I was thinking the maybe the Honey Burlwood, Mahogany or the red or black carbon fiber. I have tan cloth interior, any suggestions?

Looks kind of cheesy since they don't cover everything. Look at the pictures in the listing

GN Prime 02-15-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A7xschecter6661 (Post 4589438)
Looks kind of cheesy since they don't cover everything. Look at the pictures in the listing

agreed! i bought a roll of cf vinyl from the same company. just take the dash piece off and wrap it with the heat from a hair dryer. trim it and tada! way cheaper and looks alot better.

Thermal 02-15-2013 04:41 PM

Don't bother with the pre-cut trim, it's overpriced and you don't have much material to work with. 3M makes a CF vinyl that you can find in some retailers. Buy what you think you'll need and wrap the pieces yourself. Worked well for me. I'm getting ready to wrap license plate frames. By the way, take a piece of the vinyl, clear coat it and decise if you like the look. It's an easy material to work with.

cleonjones 02-15-2013 07:55 PM

My car is red with tan interior. Think the carbon fiber will still look good? I usually see it in darker interiors

gtferrari 02-16-2013 10:08 AM

3m makes a product scotchprint 1080 if i remember right. stay away from 3m di-noc. di-noc is an architectural wrap and is too stiff for cars plus it doesnt have the same warranty. scotch print comes in many shades of cf also brushed metal, metalics, and flats. realy easy stuff to use.

the only tuff area to cover would be the style line on the center stack just under the radio. that 3d curve will need some patience.

crice8 02-17-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtferrari (Post 4591371)
3m makes a product scotchprint 1080 if i remember right. stay away from 3m di-noc. di-noc is an architectural wrap and is too stiff for cars plus it doesnt have the same warranty. scotch print comes in many shades of cf also brushed metal, metalics, and flats. realy easy stuff to use.

the only tuff area to cover would be the style line on the center stack just under the radio. that 3d curve will need some patience.

All the stuff I did was dinoc and it has held up great for over a year now.

PSUrivie 02-17-2013 08:46 PM

I have Di-noc on my hood along with the 1080 series. It has held up extremely well.