Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (
-   General Technical Chat (
-   -   Door Switch (

cboeger 02-14-2013 08:13 PM

Door Switch
Is the front door ajar switch/front door jamb switch switch or whatever people call it on a 2003 ford focus SE the black piece above/right by the door latch attached to the actual car? or is the switch inside the door panel?

iminhell 02-14-2013 08:45 PM

The black rubber part on the door frame.

cboeger 02-14-2013 10:33 PM


Originally Posted by iminhell (Post 4589323)
The black rubber part on the door frame.

ok then whats the black rubber piece right by the door latch on the actual car?

BC_ZX3 02-14-2013 11:28 PM

I think you're both describing the same thing. The switch is behind the "latching post" as in the picture below. Push the flat black rubber bit in and out with your finger; itt's spring loaded. Remove the latch to get at the electrical connector.

cboeger 02-14-2013 11:30 PM

Yup thats exactly what I'm talking about thanks.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54 PM.