Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Focus Tuning Chat (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Chip tuning, engine optimization software (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=309108)

simonfocus 02-13-2013 07:21 AM

Chip tuning, engine optimization software

Does anyone have experiences using softwares in chip tuning and engine optimization?
Are they easy to work with and can they give a proper solution to optimize the engines?

thanks in advance

SkyPilot 02-13-2013 12:09 PM

Moved to: ECU Tuning Chat

zetecDon 02-13-2013 12:41 PM

In the world of tuning, I would rather go with someone who makes the tune rather than trusting a chip. It used to be that you would have to either rely on a chip or have someone dyno tune your vehicle. But now you can get tunes remotely done over the internet.

NJSVTGUY 02-13-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simonfocus (Post 4586147)
Does anyone have experiences using softwares in chip tuning and engine optimization?
Are they easy to work with and can they give a proper solution to optimize the engines?

thanks in advance

Yes and Yes,
You asked in general and my response is not Focus specific.
Ease of work I guess depends in the chip design. My application allows changes with just the use of the gas pedal and a reader device. Chips have improved like most things. One chip for example allows user adjustments:

1 = WOT A/F Ratio - 1st/2nd gear
2 = WOT A/F Ratio - 3rd/4th gear
3 = Mid Boost A/F Ratio - all gears (part throttle)
4 = Base WOT fuel
5 = Spark Timing Offset - 1st/2nd gear
6 = Spark Timing Offset - 3rd/4th gear
7 = WOT TCC Lock MPH
8 = Base Mid Boost fuel (3 to 14psi)

I'm running in the 10's (not Focus) on a chip and love it. Most running faster go stand alone for complete control.

1turbofocus 02-13-2013 11:27 PM

No chip out for the Focus allows for any type of adjustment , The question about do chips work all depends on who does the tuning

For your car in the UK no one makes a chip for them that I have seen , you may have SCT there and they may offer a chip but your far better off going with a custom tune in a SCT xcal3 where you can datalog and do a proper tune

Tom

simonfocus 02-15-2013 04:44 AM

Thank you all for the responses.
My question was more about the softwares that garages use to find failures and some I heard use it to optimize the engine so that it runs better in terms of fuel consumption and gaining a couple of more horse power.
Well now I know that there are no chip for Focus unlike what I earlier heard from a local chip tuner shop that they meant they can make my car more powerful by setting a chip.

What are your impressions of the softwares claiming to find the failures and helping for find the correct diagnose for an engine? are they worth a try?

1turbofocus 02-15-2013 01:06 PM

I would look at the SCT xcal3 , this device will load a custom tune , datalog and check your sensors and check and clear any CEL

I sell these with custom tunes for 399.00 and 20.00 for shipping and you get free tune updates as you add more NA mods

Tom