Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Has this happened to you. Car flooding itself (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=309005)

Bradl33 02-12-2013 09:21 AM

Has this happened to you. Car flooding itself

I posted earlier that i took my car to the dealer. They came back to tell me the spark plugs fouled out becuase it flooded itself.
Does this make sense to anyone? I only have 10,486 miles. [???:)]
(at least they said it was only the spark plugs, i still have a loaner car, day 2 and day 4 without a car)

Please help me with any info...im debating looking for a differnt car [xx(]

BaconZombie 02-12-2013 09:32 AM

So a direct-injection fuel-injected vehicle flooded itself? If that's the case, I would have them dig a little deeper. Not quite sure how our engine would flood itself without there being something more wrong. I'm thinking ECM issues...

Bradl33 02-12-2013 09:47 AM

I thought i was going crazy. Thank you for someone else thinking that is STRANGE. They ran tests on it for 5 hours to tell me on the phone it was fouled out spark plugs. I think/hope they just said that on the phone. But when ever i pick up my car i am going to get a longer explination. THANKS!!

Strix 02-12-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bradl33 (Post 4584396)
Thank you for someone else thinking that is STRANGE. They ran tests on it for 5 hours to tell me on the phone it was fouled out spark plugs. I think/hope they just said that on the phone. But when ever i pick up my car i am going to get a longer explination. THANKS!!

I don't find it strange at all that a dealership would spend 5 hours diagnosing a simple problem, and then give you a bullshit story about it so they don't have to determine the root cause (probably because are not competent enough to do so). It's not right... but it's pretty typical.

Consider yourself lucky if you don't get an added bonus of new problems and noises.

Bradl33 02-13-2013 09:28 AM

Well its day 3 and my car isnt not back yet....sooo im assuming they better be digging deeper and fixing the REAL issue..condsidering its been in the shop with the parts (as they told me on the phone) for a complete 14 hours of work time.....I keep being told it should be done if a few hours and that they will call me when its done.. I have a loaner focus SEL but i miss my heated seats and remote start and less complicated radio HOLY CRAP!!

BetaDnB 02-13-2013 09:43 AM

Brad, I hope they get it figured out. What was happening in the first place that had you have it checked out?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strix (Post 4584581)
I don't find it strange at all that a dealership would spend 5 hours diagnosing a simple problem, and then give you a bullshit story about it so they don't have to determine the root cause (probably because are not competent enough to do so). It's not right... but it's pretty typical.

Consider yourself lucky if you don't get an added bonus of new problems and noises.

Why are you here? All you do is go around spouting garbage and talking sh!t about the car, dealerships, service techs, etc., never offering any advice or help at all. I have never seen a single useful post from you.

Strix 02-13-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BetaDnB (Post 4586324)
Why are you here? All you do is go around spouting garbage and talking sh!t about the car, dealerships, service techs, etc., never offering any advice or help at all. I have never seen a single useful post from you.

I'm as entitled to be here as anybody else.

Sorry that I don't make 'useful' posts about painting my taillights black, removing badges, and smearing plastidip on my car.

BaconZombie 02-13-2013 12:07 PM

Back on track ladies!

OP, any news yet?

Bradl33 02-13-2013 08:35 PM

Good news Bad news day for me...GOOD new car "was" all set for me to pick up. they said it was the spark plugs and that the car flooded it self, and this was not the first one that has done it.
Bad news..someone hit my car while it was at the dealer. I havent seen it yet but the rear pass. light is broken and the bumper broken too. they said a f-350 hit it.

The dealer is ordering a new tail light and bumper...painting and putting it on all at no cost. But im stuck with this loaner till at least wed next week.
(im still waiting to get the check engine light code from them but i guess ill wait till i pick it up)

Diamondback 02-13-2013 09:00 PM

That might be one that hasn't happened to strix, unless I missed it I' sure he'll correct me if I did.