Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-2013) (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   New 13 5spd SE, hello FF (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=308911)

Deeprecon1 02-11-2013 10:08 AM

New 13 5spd SE, hello FF
 
Yes, I am newbie ..but not a newbie car owner.

Just picked up the Focus 5 spd SE Hatch. I left behind a 02 VW TDI golf with 330,000 getting 45 mpg. [mecry]

Mods .. with my VW I spent thousands tuning and making changes to a diesel that is very tunable.

With out reading tons of post and FAQ's in 5 minutes I have summed up the extent I will tune the Focus. Keep in mind I purchased the car for commuting 100 miles a day

Compare

K&N oily mess that can mess with the MAF, paper has proven to be better. IMO

Oil selection counts, I get free oil changes for the life of the car. I will be providing synthetic, so really not free.

The only planned upgrades to the Focus include ...

suspension, I need to research options ? any suggestions...
Tint windows ...
floor mats
Full size spare, California roads eat tires and rims ..

its hard to chase power upgrades with out spending tons of money with little return IMHO.

Its going to be a hard pill to swallow going from 45 to 35 at best mpg but with diesel prices ... smog ... the price of a new TDI, I can live with a nicely equip Focus for years to come.

Terry

JimsterG 02-11-2013 11:57 AM

I have done window tinting on mine and went as 'dark as legal" that is allowed in Arizona. The front windows are about as dark as the tinting on the moonroof and the rear hatch and back doors are a little darker

IngotMK3 02-12-2013 12:06 PM

Welcome, OEM all weather mats are awesome!

Im going to look into the ITG filter for our cars as they are foam.

RonMaiden 02-12-2013 12:21 PM

Our Focus is primarily my wife's DD so I'm keeping mods to a minimum also but want to do coils and swaybars eventually. So far I'm liking the Eibach Pro-kit since it has a nice drop but I didn't want the tucked look of the Sportlines.
The only other mods for me will be a ST/Carbon 3D spoiler and a proper looking/sounding exhaust.
My mod list so far has been seat covers,20% tint,new wheels and tires,painted the calipers and added a rear bumper protector under the hatch which was a must have for me and something that gets overlooked til somebody bounces something off the paint unloading/loading the hatch.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b...2/P1020637.jpg

Deeprecon1 02-12-2013 12:25 PM

I have been eyeballing the husky brand all weather mats very nice $120



Quote:

Originally Posted by svtwagon (Post 4584676)
Welcome, OEM all weather mats are awesome!

Im going to look into the ITG filter for our cars as they are foam.


Deeprecon1 02-12-2013 12:27 PM

Is the bumper piece a ford product ? if so part number and or link to vendor

Thank you ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonMaiden (Post 4584708)
Our Focus is primarily my wife's DD so I'm keeping mods to a minimum also but want to do coils and swaybars eventually. So far I'm liking the Eibach Pro-kit since it has a nice drop but I didn't want the tucked look of the Sportlines.
The only other mods for me will be a ST/Carbon 3D spoiler and a proper looking/sounding exhaust.
My mod list so far has been seat covers,20% tint,new wheels and tires,painted the calipers and added a rear bumper protector under the hatch which was a must have for me and something that gets overlooked til somebody bounces something off the paint unloading/loading the hatch.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b...2/P1020637.jpg


RonMaiden 02-12-2013 12:31 PM

No actually got it off amazon for $50 + free shipping. Stuck on with 3M tape and was actually very easy to center before I sealed the deal and still very water tight at the edges.

http://www.amazon.com/Focus-Bumper-C...s+bumper+cover

Deeprecon1 02-12-2013 12:40 PM

& so it begins a new money pit ...

Done ! and I also ordered these ..

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonMaiden (Post 4584732)
No actually got it off amazon for $50 + free shipping. Stuck on with 3M tape and was actually very easy to center before I sealed the deal and still very water tight at the edges.

http://www.amazon.com/Focus-Bumper-C...s+bumper+cover


thejordan 02-17-2013 06:26 PM

A full size spare? I've never used any of my spares on any of my vehicles and I've lived in CA all of my life.

I recommend a radar detector, as well as proper paint maintenance like sealant.

I also have the Broadway 270mm mirror.

vacman 02-18-2013 08:34 PM

Add an ST steering wheel to your list of mods. Best upgrade I've done so far.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:13 PM.


http://www.focusfanatics.com/aboutus/copyright.asp