Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Technical Chat (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   fog lights for 2013 SE (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=308737)

Ramjet24 02-09-2013 12:31 AM

fog lights for 2013 SE

I had Ford OEM fog lights and a new switch installed at my dealer on my new SE sedan but they will not light unless the technician commands it through the diagnostic computer. Is the body control module the same as the one that comes with the 201A package? What are we missing here?

OPsDad 02-09-2013 08:54 AM

It's software/firmware

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramjet24 (Post 4579336)
I had Ford OEM fog lights and a new switch installed at my dealer on my new SE sedan but they will not light unless the technician commands it through the diagnostic computer. Is the body control module the same as the one that comes with the 201A package? What are we missing here?

You're missing the software. They have to flash the BCM and it has to be with one from a car equipped exactly like yours plus a 201A package. So you would have to have them find one BY VIN NUMBER! And, they WON'T. I unwound an entire car purchase because of this issue. The dealer took about a 3000 dollar hit in order to satisfy me, and I'd have let it go but they promised, then when it came down to it, they just would rather lose money than do the procedure.

Good luck, but I am willing to bet a dollar to a donut it isn't going to happen. [popcorn]

Creative 02-09-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramjet24 (Post 4579336)

You can always run a seperately switch like I did with the generic foglight wiring kit. I just took the fuse box and opened it and pined in a new fuse and sat a relay in there and ran a switch to my interior next to my light switch

OPsDad 02-09-2013 11:29 AM

Dealer was not bad, the policies from Ford are bad

Quote:

Originally Posted by OPsDad (Post 4579544)
You're missing the software. They have to flash the BCM and it has to be with one from a car equipped exactly like yours plus a 201A package. So you would have to have them find one BY VIN NUMBER! And, they WON'T. I unwound an entire car purchase because of this issue. The dealer took about a 3000 dollar hit in order to satisfy me, and I'd have let it go but they promised, then when it came down to it, they just would rather lose money than do the procedure.

Good luck, but I am willing to bet a dollar to a donut it isn't going to happen. [popcorn]

And in the above post, I'm not meaning to say BAD things about the dealer, I mean to say good things. They made me happy, even though it cost money.

And I understand completely the not wanting a generic wiring setup. You want the factory switch to work and the light in the dash to come on when your lights are lit. You want it like the real deal. Believe me, I know. [scream]

Monkeygrits 02-09-2013 12:02 PM

Mines been hooked up with an aftermarket switch for a while now with no issues. They work great. Your gonna pay out the butt to hook the up factory because of the BCM. I may have 100 bucks in my whole setup incuding factory fogs, bezels and all the wiring.

Ramjet24 03-23-2013 05:25 PM

You are so right- we flashed another vin and it still wouldnt work. I ran a parallel circuit with my lo-beams so I have fogs on whenever the lights are on and off when I switch to hi-beam. I love the car but blame Ford for their inflexibility in adding options.

Ramjet24

OPsDad 03-23-2013 05:33 PM

Yes, very frustrating.