Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ford Focus & General Car Chat (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Guess who's back? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=308726)

NotAnSES 02-08-2013 08:48 PM

Guess who's back?

Hello everyone. It's been a while since I have been on FF! My life has been really crazy recently. For those of you who don't know, I am in the US Air Force, stationed in Germany. I am currently deployed to a mountainous region of the world, and have been for a few months. It has been a great oppurtunity to save money, since I'm not in Germany buying beer! lol I have convinced my wife to let me get a new Ford Focus ST! My dream car. It's great, because she loves it too! I built and priced the car online through our bases dealership (very good deal overseas!) The wife and I agreed on blue, with the 201A Equipment package. I'm very excited to see how this works out. I have a few more months of my deployment left, and hopefully I can have it waiting for me when I get back! For those who have an ST, how do you like it?

zetecDon 02-08-2013 09:31 PM

Hey Eric, I would get the ST if you have the chance. I test drove one about a month ago and it was a blast to drive. I was half tempted to get one myself but I didn't want to spend the money on something like that right now. If I remember right, you used to live in Hamilton right?

NotAnSES 02-08-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zetecDon (Post 4579184)
Hey Eric, I would get the ST if you have the chance. I test drove one about a month ago and it was a blast to drive. I was half tempted to get one myself but I didn't want to spend the money on something like that right now. If I remember right, you used to live in Hamilton right?

I used to live in that area. Its weird, but I can't wait to come back and settle down in Ohio again. Seeing the world is nice, but there is no place like home. I can't wait to get the ST. I got my wife on board, were financially ready for it, now I just need to pull the trigger.

Indy'sexclusiveZx3 02-08-2013 10:46 PM

The best car I've have ever owned so far, I went from an 03 zx3 to the new st3 and I just love it

FLYLOW 02-09-2013 12:37 PM

Ninja Edit!

Nice color choice

macdiesel 02-09-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy'sexclusiveZx3 (Post 4579282)
The best car I've have ever owned so far, I went from an 03 zx3 to the new st3 and I just love it

This totally makes me want to get one.

Well getting a new ST is a sure way to make a comeback. Welcome.

NotAnSES 02-10-2013 08:21 PM

I think I'm deciding against the 201A package. I'm not really one for fancy bells and whistles, and I can't justify paying an extra $2500 for good sound. I would much rather sink the $2500 into performance [deviltail]

whynotthinkwhynot 02-10-2013 09:15 PM

LOL the dealers will probably give that one away, we had an FF trying to sell one for like $22k in the BST forum- he's east coast though, road trip through Maryland IIRC. The guy had a bad accident and can't drive a manual- bum story, and nobody wants the car. It's really low mileage-180- and the price is low too- like 21400 OBO

Check him out-- 2013 ST1

mikebontoft 02-10-2013 09:29 PM

Not surprisingly, it's still not an SES [rofl]

suss6052 02-10-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whynotthinkwhynot (Post 4582035)
LOL the dealers will probably give that one away, we had an FF trying to sell one for like $22k in the BST forum- he's east coast though, road trip through Maryland IIRC. The guy had a bad accident and can't drive a manual- bum story, and nobody wants the car. It's really low mileage-180- and the price is low too- like 21400 OBO

Check him out-- 2013 ST1

Well if it was paid in full I could have considered seeing if I could paying off my SEL and going for the ST1, but I'm not sure its a good idea at the present time.

I might have had to offer a little bit more money though, it might have been feasible, but I'm not sold on the Tuxedo Black paint and the black and grey two tone sport seats (the seat frame is the same as mine, but I kind of like my medium light stone SEL seat cloth and seat heaters better).

It is unfortunate for them that they should have been badly injured so shortly after taking home the car.