Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Dipped Beam Bulb Fault (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=307973)

Supramk3 01-30-2013 11:40 AM

Dipped Beam Bulb Fault
 
So the error message "Dipped Beam Bulb Fault" just came on my message screen on my '12 FF S. I have no headlight modifications, No HID Kits, Relay harnesses, etc. all stock.

Only thing I changed was the parking lamp lights to 194B's and the H11's to Plasmaglows Xenon/Krypton bulbs. the passenger H11 is not on. So before I remove the H11's and put the OEM bulbs back in... is there an actual problem or did my $50 bulbs just crap out in under a year?

Fraychild 01-30-2013 11:44 AM

Sounds like the bulb just went out - trying switching it side OR put the OEM and see what happens.

My money is on a blown bulb though...

goingFocus 01-30-2013 11:53 AM

30113 951
The British use the term "dipped bulb/beam" to refer to the "low beam". TTFN

Supramk3 01-30-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fraychild (Post 4565012)
Sounds like the bulb just went out - trying switching it side OR put the OEM and see what happens.

My money is on a blown bulb though...

Good thing my bulbs have a plasmaglow 10 year no questions asked replacement warranty. Hopefully they can find my order information and send me new ones. I wasnt sure what that error message meant, Because ive never heard that term before, got worried being as i just got it back from the body shop for rear end body work. did a 360* walk around and saw the FR Headlamp out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by goingFocus (Post 4565019)
30113 951
The British use the term "dipped bulb/beam" to refer to the "low beam". TTFN

Thanks for that, I know something new now!!

goingFocus 01-30-2013 01:32 PM

Ah, those Brits! They also call the "high beam", the "Main Beam" FYI...

cobie56 01-30-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goingFocus (Post 4565019)
30113 951
The British use the term "dipped bulb/beam" to refer to the "low beam". TTFN

so do north americans... i've always heard of 'low beams' being called 'dipped beams'.
in fact, when ur brights are on and u have on-coming traffic you 'dip' ur beams....
standard american english... just sayin' :)

PratoN 01-30-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobie56 (Post 4565153)
so do north americans... i've always heard of 'low beams' being called 'dipped beams'.
in fact, when ur brights are on and u have on-coming traffic you 'dip' ur beams....
standard american english... just sayin' :)

I had never heard that... but I have also always lived and grown up in the Chicago suburbs or a city and so I only ever use my hi-beams when people are passing or to tell others at a stop sign to go. Maybe a RARE occasion when I drive to the middle of nowhere in Wisconsin and there aren't other cars. Otherwise, there are ALWAYS oncoming cars and I don't use the hi-beams.

Of course, my car doesn't automatically go to low-beams when there is oncoming traffic... that'd be nice.

EDIT: Although, I am horribly uncultured.

Supramk3 01-30-2013 02:02 PM

Never heard of main beams or dipped beams in my life. Lol

Sent from the HO KID network using FF Mobile

cobie56 01-30-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PratoN (Post 4565168)
I had never heard that... but I have also always lived and grown up in the Chicago suburbs or a city and so I only ever use my hi-beams when people are passing or to tell others at a stop sign to go. Maybe a RARE occasion when I drive to the middle of nowhere in Wisconsin and there aren't other cars. Otherwise, there are ALWAYS oncoming cars and I don't use the hi-beams.

Of course, my car doesn't automatically go to low-beams when there is oncoming traffic... that'd be nice.

EDIT: Although, I am horribly uncultured.

nah... not uncultured, lol.. i think it's more tht i live further east than you... i know that statement seems odd but here in ny and n. england and eastern canada, we use a number of english words i don't hear in either my travels or other places i''ve lived in the usa. For example, there are a number of german and dutch words used to describe stools, streams, porches, etc in the ny area that i hear no where else in the u.s. And it's also the reverse elsewhere , i.e. ''bubblers' for water fountains in the northern midwest... sorry to hijack here.....

Fraychild 01-30-2013 03:27 PM

Hey Cobie - I'm from NYC and roam around all the NY boroughs and Long Island... I've NEVER heard anyone refer to the Low Beams as "Dipped Beams" or refer to the High Beams as "Main Beams" :D ... Must be an upstate thing! LOL J/K


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:25 AM.


http://www.focusfanatics.com/aboutus/copyright.asp