Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Door rattles... still (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=307923)

cjanderson629 01-29-2013 08:50 PM

Door rattles... still

Still having issues with the speakers and door rattles. Mainly on the tweeter on the driver door, the bottom panel of the passenger door and what sounds like the entire rear passenger door. Anyone else experience this? I took it to Ford and they "didn't hear anything" after having it all day and driving it four separate times apparently. This has been a constant thing and I've tried and failed to fix it. Any ideas?

Infam0usprime 01-29-2013 10:16 PM

I also got a nice rattle somewhere on my drivers side door or by the dash somewhere. It's been to cold out to actually try anything. But you learn to get use to it. Just listen to the radio lol nothing is perfect

Phokus 01-30-2013 09:15 AM

I have a new rattle show up when it's SUPER cold and the car is cold idling. It's behind the instrument cluster and somewhere after the hump on top of it.

Then there's the stupid headliner one right behind the moonroof but I read about the foam fix for that.

Also the two rear doors, passenger side on the furthest most back part rattles, looks like felt will fix. Drivers side rear is right in the front and middle section felt should fix too. I can press on this with my arm to get it to stop when music makes it rattle

kam327 01-30-2013 10:14 AM

Just be aware sound travels in wierd ways. A Ford dealership tech told me he spent half a day trying to track down a rattle the customer swore was behind him in the rear seat drivers side area. Turns out it was the front passenger seat sun visor.

PratoN 01-30-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kam327 (Post 4564720)
the customer swore was behind him in the rear seat drivers side area. Turns out it was the front passenger seat sun visor.

What in the hell is this interior made out of?

cbdallas 01-30-2013 11:28 AM

x2 about the sound traveling thing. I was experiencing a rattle after cold start during high-idle that sounded like it was coming from the headliner, but it turned out to be the dashboard right by the passenger A-pillar. A nice, hard closed-fist smack on top of the dash pad stopped it.

kam327 01-30-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PratoN (Post 4564832)
What in the hell is this interior made out of?

Kettle drum material?

cjanderson629 01-30-2013 05:11 PM

I have parked the car, turned on the radio and sat in the each seat and pressed the panels on the doors. I know where the rattles are coming from for sure now. I have tried felt and even a rubber apoxy to hold the panels together. Nothing seems to work. I would try to ignore it but the sound of the rattling is so loud that it is almost the same level as the music when it plays. When it gets warmer I am going to try and take the time to fix it for good.

Infam0usprime 01-30-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbdallas (Post 4564851)
x2 about the sound traveling thing. I was experiencing a rattle after cold start during high-idle that sounded like it was coming from the headliner, but it turned out to be the dashboard right by the passenger A-pillar. A nice, hard closed-fist smack on top of the dash pad stopped it.

Where exactly on the dash? I have literally the same problem, it only seems to happen when it's really cold out too. I swear it sounds like its coming from like by the vent where you turn the lights on.

FordService 02-01-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjanderson629 (Post 4565355)
...I would try to ignore it but the sound of the rattling is so loud that it is almost the same level as the music...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infam0usprime (Post 4563928)
I also got a nice rattle somewhere on my drivers side door or by the dash somewhere...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phokus (Post 4564615)
I have a new rattle show up when it's SUPER cold and the car is cold idling...

If you have kids, how about checking for baby rattles? LOL JK [;)]

Seriously though, I want to help by forwarding this to your regional customer service managers. So I can assist, please send me a PM with your phone number, full name, mileage, dealer details, and VIN.

Cory