Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   2012 Ford Focus Stereo (Sony) (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=307734)

Njk570 01-28-2013 02:04 AM

2012 Ford Focus Stereo (Sony)

OK, so i just traded my 2011 fiesta for a used 2012 Ford Focus Titanium. It has the Premium Sony Speaker system, with the Sync, but its the one without navigation. I have a couple questions concerning the sound system.

1) This Sony system sounds like absolute garbage. I have a hard time listening to music. It sounds like there is wires and plastic pieces vibrating inside the door. Not to mention, the speakers and tweeters themselves Crackle, and have really bad, Mids and Lows. My question is, has anyone else experienced the same thing i have?

2) Because of the poor quality of the audio, i would really like to replace all of the speakers, which brings me to my next question. Is it possible to keep the ford Mytouch/ Sync if i want to replace these speakers. Like could i use a Line Output Converter?

All answers will be appreciated.

I Bleed Ford Blue 01-28-2013 02:50 AM

I have a focus Ti also and I'm going to replace the stock speakers with better stuff and run an audiocontrol LC7i an LC6i and an EQS along with my own amps and better sub. I'm waiting on my tax return to fund the project.

In the mean time, pop the cover on the center of the dash and unplug the center speaker, it will improve the soundstage.

There are 6.5" mids in all 4 doors and tweeters also and an 8" sub in the trunk or hatch. Look under the spare tire cover in the upper left corner you will find the factory sony amp. It has 3 plugs on it, the top one has the sub out put, the center plug has all 4 mids and all 4 tweeters on it. you will have to trace the wires to find out which is which, but that is where you want to tie in your LOC. Since you will be using an amplified signal, you will need a good LOC such as audiocontrol stuff that can handle up to 400w input, not some cheap 10 dollar piece of crap from pep boys or vato zone.

Since there are separate signals for the mids and tweets coming from the amp, an LC6i, or 7i or 8i can sum the input signals back together so you can run one channel per door and run your own components or coaxials or whatever.

If you do it right, then everything you have now will still work, it will just sound better.

Njk570 01-28-2013 10:59 AM

Let me know if you end up doing, it. I may just go ahead with this route as well. Im replacing everything with Rockford Fosgate Components and maybe just put a single 12" ported.

Slo86GT 01-29-2013 02:07 PM

I have a little bit of rattle going on at only some frequencies in my '13 with the Sony 10 speaker system, but it actually sounds pretty damn good in my SE. I wonder if they changed something?

Njk570 01-29-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slo86GT (Post 4563188)
I have a little bit of rattle going on at only some frequencies in my '13 with the Sony 10 speaker system, but it actually sounds pretty damn good in my SE. I wonder if they changed something?

I have no idea, but its seriously dreadful to turn up the music. [shameful]

07XL1200c 01-29-2013 07:34 PM

sounds pretty damn good in my hatch

Njk570 01-29-2013 07:43 PM

[woot]
Quote:

Originally Posted by 07XL1200c (Post 4563711)
sounds pretty damn good in my hatch

EggYolkBill 02-07-2013 11:04 AM

I have no real complaints with my '13 either. It could probably be a little louder but the sound is pretty clean for a stock system. Maybe I am just getting too old!

pascalbp 02-08-2013 11:25 PM

Same thing here. It is garbage and I have hard time to listening music too. The max volume is probably the lowest ''max volume'' I never heard and the sound quality( mid, high ) is probably the worst quality for a new car lol. I think our solution is to change the 4 speakers and getting an amp. I buyed 4 Jl-Audio c2-650, can't wait to install them and see the difference...

Njk570 02-10-2013 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pascalbp (Post 4579325)
Same thing here. It is garbage and I have hard time to listening music too. The max volume is probably the lowest ''max volume'' I never heard and the sound quality( mid, high ) is probably the worst quality for a new car lol. I think our solution is to change the 4 speakers and getting an amp. I buyed 4 Jl-Audio c2-650, can't wait to install them and see the difference...

You would have to do more than just buy new speakers, the actual factory unit is causing the speakers to not perform 100% because its a safety feature. They dont want you blowing up the speakers or hurting your ears. [bigcry]