Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   SVT Performance (2002-2004) (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Factory Steeda mods for SVT: 2004? Information? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=307563)

SVTKarma 01-25-2013 09:21 PM

Factory Steeda mods for SVT: 2004? Information?

I am in process of purchasing a 2004 Focus SVT ZX5 (from Houston dealership). I will be the third owner. Searching Fanatics' archives in 2008, I found ad where original owner sold the car to owner #2.

It is a Steeda Serialzed Focus SVT.

Question: does anyone know how these Steeda modfified SVT's came about? Who ordered them (Ford, dealers, or who?), how many are there, and what was the extra cost?

There is a Steeda plaque at gear shift console: Steeda 2004-021, Steeda Engineering, Engineering Performance.

Does anyone else have one of these cars?

Here is info from the 2008 ad:

The most rare of all SVT Focus (1 of 29). Original owner (56 year old grandfather). Bought from Ford dealer already modified by Steeda as a Serial Car #2004-021
Includes:
Cold Air Intake
65 MM Throttle Body
Underdrive Pulleys
Magna-Flow AFT-CAT Exhaust
SCT Tune with XCALIBRATOR 2 Custom Tuning PCM Flash Tuner
Strut Tower Brace
Anti-Roll Bars
TRI-AX/F Short Throw Shifter
Dynoed by Steeda 163.3 HP and 138.8 TQ

European Appearance Package means every possible option available. Factory: leather heated Recaro seats, HID lights, sunroof, Audiophile premium stereo, 6 disc, air, traction control, 6 speed Getrag trans. Meticulously maintained by Steeda and Ford dealer; all books and records including SVT certificate. 23 MPG city and 30 MPG freeway. 45,000 miles with Ford ESP warranty plan up to 100,000 miles by 7/23/09. Located in Coral Springs, FL

FLYLOW 01-26-2013 06:47 AM

Wait, located in fl? Or houston? Lol if its in houston and u want me to check it out for u shot me a pm

Didnt know about the steeda svt... But mods listed sound very good. Maybe a clutch in the near future? And t belt depending on actual miles

tj@steeda 01-27-2013 10:48 AM

Our serialized vehicles were purchased by dealers around the country ... just like our serialized Steeda mustangs.

The dealer would order the serialized vehicles directly from Steeda and we would ship them to the their facility.

I was not here when they were first introduced. Please send me an email at tim@steeda.com and I will try to route your email to the appropriate parties in the company and see if we can get you some answers.

Best Regards,

TJ

pasta 01-27-2013 03:51 PM

pretty good amount of mods

SVTKarma 01-27-2013 08:14 PM

Tim, thanks for the information. I'll contact you. Among other things, I want to find out how many Steeda Focus's were sold, and if the orders were only available for SVT's.

lilfocusfreak 02-01-2013 08:38 AM

steeda...sweeet....

wish my svt was a steeda, love your guys products n cars..keep up the great work.... Thanks for your info tim...

svtguy88 02-01-2013 04:21 PM

Whoa..didn't know there even was a Steeda SVT