Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   For those with wings (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=307405)

wantz12 01-24-2013 08:00 AM

For those with wings

So, I've had my 3d carbon wing for quite some time now, and while it does make the car look freakin' sweet, I've noticed that the rear window washer no longer properly sprays the rear window. Anyone else having this problem?

suss6052 01-24-2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wantz12 (Post 4554438)
So, I've had my 3d carbon wing for quite some time now, and while it does make the car look freakin' sweet, I've noticed that the rear window washer no longer properly sprays the rear window. Anyone else having this problem?

Yes, the solution is to get the lamp from either the black pack cars (assuming that even though its still red it has a re-located washer nozzle outlet) or the clear ST spec CHMSL which should also aleviate the issue.

The new wings are longer and with the stock lamp the spray nozzle gets moved too far rearward to trigger the wiper to wipe until a lot of fluid gets sprayed at the screen, unlike with the stock wing.

The ST specifically has the nozzle moved forward to compensate for this.

I plan on picking up an ST stop lamp today at lunch.

wantz12 01-24-2013 08:48 AM

DUDE. Thanks for the quick response! If only I'd known it was so easy. I'll call the local dealer and see if they have one in stock.

wantz12 01-24-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suss6052 (Post 4554467)
Yes, the solution is to get the lamp from either the black pack cars (assuming that even though its still red it has a re-located washer nozzle outlet) or the clear ST spec CHMSL which should also aleviate the issue.

The new wings are longer and with the stock lamp the spray nozzle gets moved too far rearward to trigger the wiper to wipe until a lot of fluid gets sprayed at the screen, unlike with the stock wing.

The ST specifically has the nozzle moved forward to compensate for this.

I plan on picking up an ST stop lamp today at lunch.

How much did you pay? I'm being quoted $72, which matches with fordparts.com, but still seems ridiculously expensive for a itsy-bitsy tail light.

misfire 01-24-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wantz12 (Post 4554484)
DUDE. Thanks for the quick response! If only I'd known it was so easy. I'll call the local dealer and see if they have one in stock.

it has to be ordered. The part# is 8A6Z-13A613-C. Village Ford is a vendor on here and they are selling them on here cheap!

CLICK ME

misfire 01-24-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wantz12 (Post 4554500)
How much did you pay? I'm being quoted $72, which matches with fordparts.com, but still seems ridiculously expensive for a itsy-bitsy tail light.

also, they are LED lights. On the previous model year focus, they were much more expensive. Even at the $72 you were quoted its cheap.

The list price on these are around $80. Village Ford is selling them for $55. They have 2 in stock right now. click the link in the post above.

suss6052 01-24-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misfire (Post 4554548)
also, they are LED lights. On the previous model year focus, they were much more expensive. Even at the $72 you were quoted its cheap.

The list price on these are around $80. Village Ford is selling them for $55. They have 2 in stock right now. click the link in the post above.

Unless they don't honor their statement to hold one, they only have one available in stock at the moment, as I have planned to pick one up today in about an hour.

misfire 01-24-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suss6052 (Post 4554603)
Unless they don't honor their statement to hold one, they only have one available in stock at the moment, as I have planned to pick one up today in about an hour.

hurry up and get here.

Touring05 01-24-2013 10:43 AM

I ordered mine from Tousley Ford Parts Depot and it was $52.50+shipping.

suss6052 01-24-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Touring05 (Post 4554651)
I ordered mine from Tousley Ford Parts Depot and it was $52.50+shipping.

Sure, but shipping still costs more than the price difference if you're already local at least.