Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ford Focus & General Car Chat (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Obsession ?or Addiction?... or both? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=307204)

sbc17 01-21-2013 09:46 PM

Obsession ?or Addiction?... or both?

So I have owned my SVT since last May. Since then I have really become attached to these little cars. My parents recently bought a '13 hatch (which I love). I also own '96 Pontiac Sunfire.

Is it crazy to want to ditch my Sunfire and get another focus? Call me nuts or whatever but these cars have really grown on me in the last year or so. I wanna pick up a MK1.5 ST(wish i could afford a '13) eventually this year. Anyway, I can't be the only one with this obsession. Anybody else out there feel my "pain" and own 2 or more foci?

-sbc

pasta 01-21-2013 09:54 PM

yes im going on my 3rd svt and owned a zx3 not all at once but yes i feel the love great cars

1slofofo 01-21-2013 09:54 PM

I see a couple people on here own 2 Foci. I really like the ZX3 SVTs, and wouldn't mind owning one in addition to mine, if I had the money. lol

2007wagon 01-21-2013 10:28 PM

I have 2 foci...both 2007. One is a wagon( bought new) that my wife drives and the other is a two door five speed that I use for driving to work (purchased recently). My wife's has been bullet proof since day one.

matmatician 01-22-2013 12:05 AM

I'd trade mine in for a new ST if mine wasnt... well, mine. lol. Don't know if that makes much sense. I've put way too much money, blood, sweat, and tears into it to trade it. I think I'm always gonna have it, and that's ok by me. I want a Fiesta ST though... Not gonna lie. The Focus ST would be cool too, but man. Imagine (almost) all that power in a car that's even smaller and lighter than the Focus!!! Crazy!! Especially after a tune, exhaust, and an intake (Assuming power can be gained from those things...)

Since I only have one though, I'm gonna go with obsession. That car is every bit as much a part of me as my nose.

Focusblackzx5 01-22-2013 12:11 AM

Yup I had a 2003 focus sedan se, sold it and bought a 2005 focus zx5 ses and I will search for a beater focus for the next winter because I will store my zx5 :) I love focuses eheh

sbc17 01-22-2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matmatician (Post 4550719)
I'd trade mine in for a new ST if mine wasnt... well, mine. lol. Don't know if that makes much sense. I've put way too much money, blood, sweat, and tears into it to trade it. I think I'm always gonna have it, and that's ok by me. I want a Fiesta ST though... Not gonna lie. The Focus ST would be cool too, but man. Imagine (almost) all that power in a car that's even smaller and lighter than the Focus!!! Crazy!! Especially after a tune, exhaust, and an intake (Assuming power can be gained from those things...)

Since I only have one though, I'm gonna go with obsession. That car is every bit as much a part of me as my nose.

I am not a huge fan of the fiesta. But a "equivalent" car that I have always wanted is the John Cooper Works MINI Hardtop. 208hp in a tiny car. Oh yea! Lol.

I understand. My car is MY CAR. I think I am always gonna have my SVT.

So I guess I am not the only crazy one out there. Lol

Kipp 01-22-2013 08:47 AM

what's wrong with wanting to own vehicles that are safe, reliable, and fun to drive? I've owned three foci over the years and would gladly buy another one. for all the vehicles i've owned through my life i have been most impressed with the foci that i've had over anything else.

sgtsmasher 01-22-2013 09:36 AM

sell the sunfire use that money to go back into the current focus. increase the drivability of the current on if you havent already done so. put better suspension in it, maybe forged internals and a turbo, build up the lower end. there are many options in getting rid of a second vehicle and getting some cash from it.

crazy_urn 01-22-2013 11:46 AM

I have owned the same focus for nearly 10 years. I bought in new in 03.

I have nearly sold it several different times, but never could get ride of the ole turd.

Don't know if that is obsessed or not....

as for your situation? i would ditch the sunfire for a case of beer. [cheers]