Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK1 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Complete retrofit coming soon! (: (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=307046)

focusonthefocus19 01-20-2013 12:57 AM

Complete retrofit coming soon! (:

I've waited long enough to do a complete retrofit of my 2002 yellow ZX3. As soon as I get my income tax I am ordering me a complete retrofit kit from TRS. I'm only 20, and I'm getting around 1200. I think that isn't to bad for my age.[headbang] Here are the items I will be ordering. Re-sealing glue, XBLED Morimoto angel eyes, XB35 5000K HID bulbs, Morimoto relay harness, LED side emitting strip, mini H1 projectors, and Morimoto ballast. I currently have a DDM HID bi-xenon wire harness already installed, but currently running the silverstar untra's halogens.

I am thinking about painting the housings black, and the projector shroud yellow. What do you think would be best, and what would be the best yellow paint to match my car as much as possible?I would love to read you opinions, ideas, and inputs plus wiring ideas for the LED strip, and halos. I will take pictures as I'm going through the process, and might even do a write up as much pictures, and details as I can. (:

As always [ffrocks]

calebstubstad 01-20-2013 02:11 AM

Halos should be set to be on with the parking lights, so they look bad ass when you have fog lights on lol. and the side emitting strips, im assuming the audi-esque style, should be running lights, basically wires to the windshield wipers or something that's always got power when the key is in. the housings should be painted black, i agree. as for the shrouds, no idea which yellow would look best, though I think the concept is great to accent the projector instead of hiding it in the headlight

02fordsvt 01-20-2013 07:47 AM

For an exact match for yellow paint, go to a parts store that can mix paints and ask for your color. I get mine from Napa and except for one batch out of about seven, I have been very happy.

focusonthefocus19 01-20-2013 01:48 PM

Also since I have the turn signals in the upper part of the grill I'm thinking about getting the grill that has the clear signal lenses, and getting those LED switchback lights for the signals.

focusonthefocus19 01-20-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02fordsvt (Post 4547977)
For an exact match for yellow paint, go to a parts store that can mix paints and ask for your color. I get mine from Napa and except for one batch out of about seven, I have been very happy.

Awesome, thanks for info man. that's what I'll do. I think I have a Napa around here some where. [woot]

focusonthefocus19 01-20-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calebstubstad (Post 4547866)
Halos should be set to be on with the parking lights, so they look bad ass when you have fog lights on lol. and the side emitting strips, im assuming the audi-esque style, should be running lights, basically wires to the windshield wipers or something that's always got power when the key is in. the housings should be painted black, i agree. as for the shrouds, no idea which yellow would look best, though I think the concept is great to accent the projector instead of hiding it in the headlight

That's exactly what I was thinking, but I didn't know what wires to splice into for the LED strip. Thanks for the info.

Yeah, it will be around next month some time before I get my income tax in, so I'm still brainstorming ideas of what would look best.

gondorian 01-23-2013 12:50 PM

Yeah there should be a paint code on the sticker on your driver door. If you go to the store you can find a match.