Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   MFT Updates (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=306973)

erogers10287 01-19-2013 08:10 AM

MFT Updates

Hey so I'm taking my car in on Monday for an oil change and to get the newest update to MFT installed. Its the first update since the car was built in March 2012. Anyone have the newest update and what can I expect? Is it better or worse? I have an iPhone 5 so is there any differences in compatibility? Any info would be great! Thanks!

feta_mgp 01-19-2013 09:20 AM

Probably going to go from v3.0.2 or 3.2.2 to 3.5.1. If your center display doesn't show the outside temp next to the clock, then you're on 3.0.2 and can expect to get the temperature display there. Outwardly that's the first thing that you'll notice. Other than that, voice commands are reportedly (though not for everyone) MUCH better. I can attest to this; my voice commands haven't ever been bad but they're much better with the latest update. They're also simplified, not needing you to specify input or type, i.e. if you want to play an artist on your iPod, just say Play (artist) or Play (song), keep in mind that if the artist has a self titled album, it's going to beep at you and it wants you to specify though it doesn't pop up on screen with any prompt.

Just play with it once it's updated and learn some of the new stuff, it's pretty neat. Every update gets closer to where it should be.

e30og 01-19-2013 10:23 AM

3.5.1 is pretty clean, you should see big improvement.

Really hope Ford doesn't stop there though

erogers10287 01-19-2013 11:07 AM

Thanks guys...I'll post after I get it done and voice my opinion lol.

peridigm 01-19-2013 11:37 AM

It fixed all of my issues with unlabeled buttons, slow boot, and random update messages. However, the BT audio still sucks and I think voice recognition is worse than it was prior to the update. Fortunately I don't play BT audio much and I rarely use voice commands.

TehMark 01-19-2013 02:22 PM

get ready for your bluetooth audio to break

erogers10287 01-26-2013 01:51 PM

Ok weird thing happening. I have installed the update to a USB drive and tried installing it but it is saying that I have already installed the newest update? I don't have the temp by the clock and it looks no different than before...anyone have any ideas?

Edit: Ok so I did a master reset and tried again and it worked. One thing I have a question about: I saw somewhere it showed if the seat heaters were on in the climate quadrant. Mine doesn't seem to do that and I looked thru all the menus. Anyone know about this? It's not a huge deal but cool to have nonetheless.

Revelations 01-26-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erogers10287 (Post 4558099)
Ok weird thing happening. I have installed the update to a USB drive and tried installing it but it is saying that I have already installed the newest update? I don't have the temp by the clock and it looks no different than before...anyone have any ideas?

Edit: Ok so I did a master reset and tried again and it worked. One thing I have a question about: I saw somewhere it showed if the seat heaters were on in the climate quadrant. Mine doesn't seem to do that and I looked thru all the menus. Anyone know about this? It's not a huge deal but cool to have nonetheless.

Seat warmer indicator is not for the Focus. I believe that is only on the Edge. It's because you don't control the seats with the center screen.

Merrigan 01-26-2013 05:18 PM

I'm getting my update done on Thursday. Hopefully it's worth it. I haven't had nearly as many issues though as everyone else though.

Sent from your mom's house.

gsxrboy 01-27-2013 01:39 PM

I did the update this past Friday from 3.0.2 (no issues with that version) to 3.5.1, so far so good, no issues reported. I am listening to RDIO over bluetooth and it is working just the same as before, no issues seen so far. I will know more this week once I have more time to play with it during my commute.