Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Android vs iPhone 5 (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=306833)

JPopNC 01-17-2013 11:25 AM

Android vs iPhone 5

Not so much looking for preference on platforms here, just some feedback on how each interact with your car's MFT.

Currently have an Android Charge and it's done well for the most part. Does drop on occasion (phone's fault) and the call quality is pretty bad (car's fault?).

So just wanted to see if there is anyone with better (or worse) experiences with their Android and see if the iPhone 5 users have any 'Wow!' factors that would sway me to their side.

Thanks in advance!!!

copernicium112 01-17-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPopNC (Post 4544261)
......and see if the iPhone 5 users have any 'Wow!' factors that would sway me to their side.

Thanks in advance!!!

I use an iPhone 5 and can't say that it has any "Wow!" factors. It is functional, can receive but not send texts, doesn't show contact photos or album art over BT. Nothing significant if that helps.

gsxrboy 01-17-2013 11:54 AM

Galaxy Nexus with jellybean 4.2.1, beyond happy with the phone and MFT. Everything works except text messages, since my phone is not supported, not an issue. I use RDIO playing over bluetooth and it has worked extremely well. Phone calls are clear and regardless if I am on the road or highway, people can hear me clearly.

cuke2u 01-17-2013 12:33 PM

Hi, S3, connection is stable and calls are very clear, phone book comes across but cannot choose contacts by voice, music streams ok but no text as I haven't that facility with my head unit....

rambleon84 01-17-2013 12:59 PM

Sounds like a top tier android or apple phone should be pretty compatible and comparable for your use in the car. Main thing is picking one that you are going to be happy with and comfortable. Both have pro's/cons in general. happy shopping, new phones are fun [:)]

WizeGuyDezignz 01-17-2013 01:06 PM

Both phones should function similarly, but do yourself a favor and get an Android phone. [headbang]

Kabigon 01-17-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuke2u (Post 4544405)
Hi, S3, connection is stable and calls are very clear, phone book comes across but cannot choose contacts by voice, music streams ok but no text as I haven't that facility with my head unit....

You should read the original post *before* responding.

JPopNC 01-22-2013 08:48 AM

Thanks for the responses. If iPhone doesn't show contact photos I'm probably gonna stick with Android. Mine dos bluetooth well, does forward the photos, and handles everything else I need to do, so will probably get the new DNA and hope it continues to work as expected.

Burns098356GX 01-22-2013 08:56 AM

HTC Sensation here. Calls are clear, can't remember a drop. Messaging does work for this phone. Only thing that doesn't it music indexing.

My brother had a hard time syncing his iPhone 4, but it did seem to index music via Bluetooth.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using FF Mobile

I Bleed Ford Blue 01-22-2013 09:13 AM

Hi, the wife and I both have Galaxy S3's and text works, contact photos work and call quality is pretty good. And yes I have the MFT in 2 vehicles now both running 3.51, both phones now have jellybean 4.1, they did have ICS 4.04 and it all still worked.