Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   SEDAN OWNERS: why? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=306798)

e30og 01-16-2013 11:04 PM

SEDAN OWNERS: why?

I have been following this car since it was just news. I remember seeing it in person in Detroit a few years back and absolutely loved it. I signed for my Focus before I had even driven one, and happily no regrets afterwards.

The thing is I always loved the hatch, with the cool integrated fuel filler door and stretched tails, but ended up with the sedan to save some dough. Never really thought twice about that either until now. I have to admit after having it so long, Ive really started to appreciate the design and I'm happy I stuck with the sedan. No one gives the sedan any kind of credit despite the fact that its really the first compact to do the whole CLS sedan-coupe styling so aggressively. Teardrop shape, aggressive stance, it looks damn good. Props Callum, I love it.

Surprised I didnt find something like this already, but I want to know why everyone else chose it over the hatch....

[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]Poll and responses totally open to any generation Focus[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]

oh and throw some Rep my way if your feeling generous [loveff]

Shade-010 01-16-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e30og (Post 4543612)
I have been following this car since it was just news. I remember seeing it in person in Detroit a few years back and absolutely loved it. I signed for my Focus before I had even driven one, and happily no regrets afterwards.

The thing is I always loved the hatch, with the cool integrated fuel filler door and stretched tails, but ended up with the sedan to save some dough. Never really thought twice about that either until now. I have to admit after having it so long, Ive really started to appreciate the design and I'm happy I stuck with the sedan. No one gives the sedan any kind of credit despite the fact that its really the first compact to do the whole CLS sedan-coupe styling so aggressively. Teardrop shape, aggressive stance, it looks damn good. Props Callum, I love it.

Surprised I didnt find something like this already, but I want to know why everyone else chose it over the hatch....

Same here man, at first i was all over the hatch, but got the sedan instead and love the lines and design soooooo much more [thumb][thumb][thumb][thumb]

e30og 01-16-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shade-010 (Post 4543622)
Same here man, at first i was all over the hatch, but got the sedan instead and love the lines and design soooooo much more [thumb][thumb][thumb][thumb]

that's whats up

Vote for America! Democracy!

matmatician 01-16-2013 11:12 PM

I had a choice between a Sedan with the SAP kit and the ZX3 with the SAP kit. I didn't like the ghettobooty of a rear bumper the ZX3 had, so I went with the Sedan, and haven't looked back since. The only hatches I'd consider are the European models, or the new ST. Or an SVT with a Euro bumper.

That's how much I hate the bumper. But hey, that's just my opinion! I also like having a trunk.

xwhit3devilx 01-16-2013 11:20 PM

I personally can't stand how the hatch looks from the back. From the side it looks pretty sleek, but viewed straight on[vommit].

Twenty 01-16-2013 11:25 PM

In my area hatches are much more common, and I like going the less-common route. Saving the $1000 left more for parts as a bonus.

Personally I also just like the proportions of a sedan (not to say I don't like hatches' though).

feta_mgp 01-16-2013 11:51 PM

Preferred the look as well. The sedan just looks so good. I'd like to add the factory spoiler still, though.

DBxprss 01-17-2013 01:01 AM

No butt

Our SE Sport is my wife's daily driver. She hates hatchbacks because "they look like they have no butt." [hah] She doesn't like how the rear of the hatches ends so abruptly behind the rear wheels.

ESPHIL 01-17-2013 04:08 AM

Yep! Yep! Love the sedan bought it for the wife too ...but I love it more.
Was going for the hatch too. But when we saw the sedan in Midnight sky, we fell in luuuuuvvvv!

F35-JSF 01-17-2013 05:54 AM

I grew up in wagons and while they were nice for the extra open space (My mom would let the back seats down and I could play with my hot wheels in the back on long trips), I hate the look of them. The hatchback (most hatchbacks) looks and reminds me of wagons. If the hb were the only option I probably would have taken it or better yet went after a Se fusion or Se escape awd.