Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Titaniums (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=306788)

Phokus 01-16-2013 09:59 PM

Titaniums

Why do Titanium models seem so rare in the US/Boston area?
I've only ever seen 3 other than mine.

I'm on vacation in Canada right now and almost every Focus I see is a Titanium..

Is it because Canadians are willing to pay more?

07XL1200c 01-16-2013 10:01 PM

As far as I know I'm the only one in south GA

gostinger 01-16-2013 10:01 PM

We are all mortgaged to the hilt here.......Go big or go home!

Deftmetal 01-16-2013 10:05 PM

I just got back from cruising two ford lots. I saw one st and about eleven non ti focus. I didn't se any ti on the lots. I think people buy off the lot up here and the higher priced buyers get the fusions around here at least. I'm not sure when I saw a new fusion driving around so I'm probably wrong. Mostly I just look wether it's a sedan or hatch

Touring05 01-16-2013 10:23 PM

I have seen very few Titanium and SEL where I live. They are mostly Se with hubcaps.

Phokus 01-16-2013 10:32 PM

Also me being in Canada right now for the week.
I've been here for 3 days in Toronto. 3 more in Montreal coming

Not ONCE have I seen a foreign plate. Every plate I see is Ontario. I saw maybe a handful of Quebecs but I'm the only US/Massachusetts plated car floating around the city.
Can't even blend in. Sheesh.
However I have bought a canada t shirt and hat to go with my white and red jacket to blend in on foot. [giddy]

treoless 01-16-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phokus (Post 4543388)
Why do Titanium models seem so rare in the US/Boston area?
I've only ever seen 3 other than mine.

I'm on vacation in Canada right now and almost every Focus I see is a Titanium..

Is it because Canadians are willing to pay more?

I think it's a culture thing (Bigger is ALWAYS better?LOL). Small car buyers in the US usually cheap out for stripped-down econoboxes. For the same price, we'd rather get a bigger car than a better-equipped small car.

CDNFocusFan 01-16-2013 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phokus (Post 4543440)
Also me being in Canada right now for the week.
I've been here for 3 days in Toronto. 3 more in Montreal coming

Not ONCE have I seen a foreign plate. Every plate I see is Ontario. I saw maybe a handful of Quebecs but I'm the only US/Massachusetts plated car floating around the city.
Can't even blend in. Sheesh.
However I have bought a canada t shirt and hat to go with my white and red jacket to blend in on foot. [giddy]

Welcome to Canada! Hope you have a good time and the people are kind!

Titanium Tony 01-16-2013 11:58 PM

I see a few every now and then down here in S. Texas but few with the sport package.

BlueIce 01-17-2013 12:50 AM

Ditto for Ohio. I have one of the only Titaniums I've seen. Why the hell not? I'll save my money when I die.