Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Focus ST (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Minor Bluetooth/Phone Issue (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=306757)

GonzoFocus 01-16-2013 03:49 PM

Minor Bluetooth/Phone Issue

this is a small problem I noticed today. I have my Motorola Droid Razr HD Maxx connected via Bluetooth to my ST3. I primarily use it to play music through the audio system. (Spotify etc)

Today I tried using Google Play Music and it was constantly skipping to the next song after only a few seconds of playing a track.

I know this is a very specific problem but I was just wondering if anyone else may have experienced the same thing.

obviously it could just be the phone.

FreshlyFunkTFocus 01-18-2013 08:07 AM

I haven't had that issue. I did have an issue where my Bluetooth was working fine for several weeks but then decided it would not sync with any Bluetooth devices. Had to do a master reset on it and it has been fine since. That may be an option but I would make sure you don't have a "scan" feature enabled when you play your music as it would do the every thing you are describing.

FordIVTteam 01-18-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GonzoFocus (Post 4542962)
this is a small problem I noticed today. I have my Motorola Droid Razr HD Maxx connected via Bluetooth to my ST3. I primarily use it to play music through the audio system. (Spotify etc)

Today I tried using Google Play Music and it was constantly skipping to the next song after only a few seconds of playing a track.

I know this is a very specific problem but I was just wondering if anyone else may have experienced the same thing.

Hey, GonzoFocus -

Along with the recommendation FreshlyFunkTFocus made, I suggest resetting your phone's Bluetooth signal. This can usually be done by removing the battery, but since you have a RAZR MAXX, you can do so by holding down the power button and volume control button at the same time.

Let me know if this gets resolved.

Jaclyn

bigdesignmachine 01-19-2013 06:47 PM

I have this happen using my iPhone 4 running iOS 6.0.1 and Rdio. It doesnt happen all the time but it does happen.

Skipping to the next track and sometimes the current track will simply stop playing for no reason.

Its pretty annoying.

It happens when using either BT Audio or plugging my phone in via USB.

dragonpalm 01-22-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GonzoFocus (Post 4542962)

I use an iPhone 4S, iOS 6.0.1 and MyFord Touch 3.5.1. I primarily use Spotify and almost every song will skip to the next song, sometimes immediately and sometimes after a few minutes. This never happened with MFT 3.0.2. I have tested this with Rdio and it does the same thing. Pandora works better though. Several other people on the forum have experienced this also. MFT has always had a weak BT audio connection (tracks skip, songs stutter/lag) compared to other BT systems. It's pretty annoying. I just plug it in the USB and it works fine.

Also, resetting the phone or repairing does not fix the problem.

GonzoFocus 01-22-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragonpalm (Post 4551268)
I use an iPhone 4S, iOS 6.0.1 and MyFord Touch 3.5.1. I primarily use Spotify and almost every song will skip to the next song, sometimes immediately and sometimes after a few minutes. This never happened with MFT 3.0.2. I have tested this with Rdio and it does the same thing. Pandora works better though. Several other people on the forum have experienced this also. MFT has always had a weak BT audio connection (tracks skip, songs stutter/lag) compared to other BT systems. It's pretty annoying. I just plug it in the USB and it works fine.

Also, resetting the phone or repairing does not fix the problem.

I have definitely noticed the stutter/lag with BT Audio, it usually went away after a few songs. So far i've only experienced the instant skip using google music

dragonpalm 01-22-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GonzoFocus (Post 4551307)
I have definitely noticed the stutter/lag with BT Audio, it usually went away after a few songs. So far i've only experienced the instant skip using google music

Just curious because I've never used Google Music, but does it have an elapse timer for songs? One thing I've noticed with Spotify is that the timer on the app is never in sync with the timer on the car. For example, I'll pick a song to play from Spotify where it starts at 0:00, but MFT will start it at 1:33 or some arbitrary number. Every time MFT doesn't start a song at 0:00, the song will skip. Just something I've noticed. I'm wondering if your MFT starts Google Music songs at the wrong time too.

GonzoFocus 01-22-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragonpalm (Post 4551324)
Just curious because I've never used Google Music, but does it have an elapse timer for songs? One thing I've noticed with Spotify is that the timer on the app is never in sync with the timer on the car. For example, I'll pick a song to play from Spotify where it starts at 0:00, but MFT will start it at 1:33 or some arbitrary number. Every time MFT doesn't start a song at 0:00, the song will skip. Just something I've noticed. I'm wondering if your MFT starts Google Music songs at the wrong time too.

Yeah Google Music has the same elapse timer for songs just like Spotify. I haven't noticed that start time issue but I will definitely keep an eye out for it.

Another thing I noticed and didn't like was that MFT doesn't display the song title or any info on the screen when using BT Audio. Minor I know but still.

dragonpalm 01-22-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GonzoFocus (Post 4551337)
Another thing I noticed and didn't like was that MFT doesn't display the song title or any info on the screen when using BT Audio. Minor I know but still.

MFT displays song title & artist for me but it's pretty unreliable. For example, after I use the backup camera (go into reverse), the song data will error and show strange (Japanese?) symbols after it was working fine before. And if a song is midway through at connection, the song data will error and show the previous song or strange symbols or nothing at all. This usually fixes if I switch to a new, fresh song.

You should be getting some tittle & artist information using Spotify or Pandora, etc if your MFT version is 3.5.1 (latest). My car had 3.0.2 when I got it (also a 2013) and the song data was extremely unreliable, much more than now.

And I don't think it's minor at all. Almost every car manufacture has got their new cars showing song title and artist, some even album and album art (gasp!).

GonzoFocus 01-22-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragonpalm (Post 4551363)

You should be getting some tittle & artist information using Spotify or Pandora, etc if your MFT version is 3.5.1 (latest). My car had 3.0.2 when I got it (also a 2013) and the song data was extremely unreliable, much more than now.

And I don't think it's minor at all. Almost every car manufacture has got their new cars showing song title and artist, some even album and album art (gasp!).

this is all I get
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8510/8...2d1e7f951f.jpg