Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   2013 Titanium - Engine cover? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=306447)

jointbeaker 01-12-2013 08:38 PM

2013 Titanium - Engine cover?
 
I've got a 2013 Titanium 5dr, and do not have an engine cover.

Did these come standard on any model? Or, "should" I have one? [???:)]

gostinger 01-12-2013 08:42 PM

No they don't , unfortunately. I had to buy mine.

slybarman 01-12-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jointbeaker (Post 4537036)
I've got a 2013 Titanium 5dr, and do not have an engine cover.

Did these come standard on any model? Or, "should" I have one? [???:)]

My '13 titanium 5 door does not have one.

Touring05 01-12-2013 08:49 PM

nope, had to buy mine too

slybarman 01-12-2013 08:52 PM

Does it reduce engine noise at all?

jointbeaker 01-12-2013 08:57 PM

Thanks all. I hadn't seen anywhere on the forum talking about wether it was a standard item, or otherwise.

Thanks again.

suss6052 01-12-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jointbeaker (Post 4537056)
Thanks all. I hadn't seen anywhere on the forum talking about wether it was a standard item, or otherwise.

Thanks again.

This was a standard item on Job 1 Titanium cars for 2012 MY built up until May 2011. After that time it was discontinued but was still available at the parts counter.

I'm not sure how many they made or what they have left though but http://www.partscheap.com/2012-Ford-...9z-6a949-a.htm had them before.

They have sound deadening materials and should make the engine a touch quieter from inside the car.

wilsonfocus86 01-12-2013 09:55 PM

^^

This issue was beat to death when the MK3 first came out lol. You're new here so it's all good, but what he said above!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jointbeaker (Post 4537056)
Thanks all. I hadn't seen anywhere on the forum talking about wether it was a standard item, or otherwise.

Thanks again.


jointbeaker 01-14-2013 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suss6052 (Post 4537082)
This was a standard item on Job 1 Titanium cars for 2012 MY built up until May 2011. After that time it was discontinued but was still available at the parts counter.

I'm not sure how many they made or what they have left though but http://www.partscheap.com/2012-Ford-...9z-6a949-a.htm had them before.

They have sound deadening materials and should make the engine a touch quieter from inside the car.

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

JerryM 01-14-2013 11:52 AM

idk about US model, but for a global model it come with the cover. I had that one on my car without any modification since most cars around ASP and AU were shipped from here, I'm pretty sure that every car which manufactured here had them [shhh]


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42 PM.