Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Lucky I guess? 50K+ never been in the shop for repair, Focus performs perfectly. (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=306317)

2012Tuxedo 01-10-2013 06:23 PM

Lucky I guess? 50K+ never been in the shop for repair, Focus performs perfectly.

I have notived a lot of unhappy 2012 owners, people with all kinds of complaints, issues, repairs, etc. I bought a 2012, manufactured on March 2011, I purchased it with 7,900 miles last December. One year later I have 50,500 miles on the car, Its never been in the shop for repair, just when it has an accident last year, its first shop visit for repair will be in the next couple weeks for alignment, this is due to many many miles on pitiful louisiana roads that threatened to vibrate the little car to death. i have changed my own oil (synthetic only) Other than a couple odd noises now and then the drives perfectly.

I suppose I skipped the transmission trouble because I have the 5-speed, but im not easy on a vehicle, the car has been down rough roads, been driven hard at times, and been on the highway at least 5 days a week many times 7. Its been through several states and through my mother in laws fight with cance it went 266 miles one way from my house to my in laws many many times.

Overall I have not a single complaint, my 2012 Focus has performed reliably day in a day out no matter how many miles I had to cover in it. I feel the car is getting a bad rap from the people complaining and wanting to trade, I just want people to know that they arent all bad cars. I got a jewel, Its never let me down. I havent had any issue with the car.

WizeGuyDezignz 01-10-2013 06:30 PM

It's so refreshing to see a thread like this. It's just so sad to see a few people say they dumped the car for something else and then people think this car is garbage.

I also have a Focus that has never seen the shop, but I have WAY less miles than you at 7,700. Mine is an automatic however, so we will see how it goes.

But I think the thousands upon thousands of Focus owners that don't post here outnumber the people who have problems and are voicing it on the internet.

Hawktwoe 01-10-2013 06:37 PM

I ordered mine in October of 2011. It has 22500 miles. Last summer I felt the a/c wasn't cold enough and had it checked. They said it was fine. Other than that, its only been in the shop for oil changes and tire rotates. I too have the manual transmission. Seems like I got a good one too.

cbdallas 01-10-2013 07:16 PM

The only two things I see repeated complaints about are the DCT and MFT...the two items your car doesn't have. Lucky? Perhaps. I have complete confidence in all other parts of this car, so I'm not at all surprised to see that you're having a good run. You dodged two bullets. Many happy returns!

turbosleepa 01-10-2013 07:40 PM

I have a focus titanium, 40k only in the shop because steering wheel delaminated a bit.

kevinxb 01-10-2013 08:18 PM

Only been in for a dead battery, replaced under warranty. Love my Titanium.

StingRay 01-10-2013 08:33 PM

That's not luck. It's from the fact that the Focus really is a solid car. I love seeing threads like this as well! I don't have nearly as many miles on mine as you do yours, but I too have not had a single issue.

2012Tuxedo 01-10-2013 09:43 PM

I bought the focus because i knew i was going to put a ton of miles on a car and I wanted something inepensive, reliable, fun to drive, attractive, and efficient. I bought the 5-speed because I love manuals and i like being in control of the car in passin situations, plus they are a lot more fun to drive, less complicated, and they are an overall more reliable transmission. I searched from the time they came out until Dec 2012 for a manual, and found my little S. The car has that import I4 sports car feel, but its roomy enough for 5 people. Its got more power than any other car in its class except the Civic Si.

My car is still under construction, I havent got to instal many mods yet, last year was financially very hard, My mother in law passed away and we spend many days on the road back and forth to see her while she fought cancer. Tahts a big reason for so many miles on the car. I have no problem modding this car because I plan to keep it at least to 200K.

This is her before brake paint, she is currently waiting on a new set of Nittos. [headbang]
http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/a...728121656b.jpg

e30og 01-11-2013 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2012Tuxedo (Post 4534839)
I bought the focus because i knew i was going to put a ton of miles on a car and I wanted something inepensive, reliable, fun to drive, attractive, and efficient. I bought the 5-speed because I love manuals and i like being in control of the car in passin situations, plus they are a lot more fun to drive, less complicated, and they are an overall more reliable transmission. I searched from the time they came out until Dec 2012 for a manual, and found my little S. The car has that import I4 sports car feel, but its roomy enough for 5 people. Its got more power than any other car in its class except the Civic Si.

My car is still under construction, I havent got to instal many mods yet, last year was financially very hard, My mother in law passed away and we spend many days on the road back and forth to see her while she fought cancer. Tahts a big reason for so many miles on the car. I have no problem modding this car because I plan to keep it at least to 200K.

This is her before brake paint, she is currently waiting on a new set of Nittos. [headbang]
http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/a...728121656b.jpg

+1 on keeping it to 200k and beyond

focus looks awesome, straight murder!

had my last one to 34k then traded it in, no problems except some rattles and trim peeling from the steering wheel. Probably driven harder than rentals...in love with the car no complaints at all

scott7278 01-11-2013 12:58 AM

Same here - 2012 SEL Hatchback, Job 2 build. Got it with 54 miles on it (dealer had to go get it while I waited). DCT, but no MFT. 16,500 miles now and problem-free.

Like you, I plan on going to at least 200,000 miles. I did three oil changes before 5000 miles, and now I'm on a 5000 mile "The Works" schedule with full synthetic.

I also bought a Waterway Clean Car Club membership, so she gets the exterior and interior cleaned every Tuesday and Friday, plus usually extra car washes here and there.

Excessive? Maybe, but preventative maintenance goes a long way when one plans on keeping a car for a while.