Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Get The Right Wipers. (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=306106)

Supramk3 01-08-2013 04:14 PM

Get The Right Wipers.

Alright guys, thought Id this bit of information for those of you who may not know.

So a couple of months ago my LS Windshield Wiper went out and needed replacing. So thinking the dealer would want a crapload of cash for them, I didnt even think to check. So looking around at Walmart, Oreilly, Napa, Car Quest, Autozone, etc, the 28in blade is what is used. But you cant get just any blade, the Rain-X Latitude, Bosch Icon and a few other like blades. Which run anywhere from $18-30 a piece. I bought a Rain-X Latitude blade and replaced the LS Wiper.

Well now both blades went out and while I was in Coeur d' Alene, ID yesterday I stopped in at Tom Addis Lake City Ford. I walked into the Parts Dept and asked for two 28" blades, i paid $26 for both and I went outside and installed them. Turn them on and to my disappointment both blades would not contact the windshield in the middle of the blade across the entire stroke of the wiper arms.

So i went back inside and had the Service dept do some looking to see if the arms were bent or what. With no luck, I asked... "Is it possible to order the exact wiper blades that were installed at the factory?" The Service Advisor told me he'd go look. after waiting he came back and said " So i have them ordered. after looking there are actually 2 different part numbers for your car, and thats why the normal 28" blades would not work, they will be here this afternoon"

Here are the two part numbers if anyone wants to know.

WW2802 $17.48
WW2803 $17.48

The normal Ford WW PN is WW2801, these wipers do not work with our cars.

[cheers]

BaconZombie 01-08-2013 08:01 PM

Good to know. While I'd say it's very odd that the 2 wipers are different than what other models use, it's even stranger that they are 2 different part numbers themselves. Thanks for the heads-up though!

Some Guy From NY 01-08-2013 08:33 PM

I forgot..are the wipers both the same sizes?

I have the basic service plan, so when I get my oil changes from Ford they replace the wiperblades too, along with tire rotation.

suss6052 01-08-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Some Guy From NY (Post 4531569)
I forgot..are the wipers both the same sizes?

I have the basic service plan, so when I get my oil changes from Ford they replace the wiperblades too, along with tire rotation.

It appears to be that way, they do appear to be the same size, and the catalog at autozone online seems to confirm this as well.

Joeywhat 01-08-2013 08:54 PM

Bosch Icon part number is 28OE.

Supramk3 01-09-2013 12:45 AM

The wiper arm doesnt quite sit parallel to the windshield at the cowl, it is angled up just.slighty which doesnt put enough pressure on the blade at the connection point on the wipere. So with the oe specific numbers, they are corrected for this. Being as the wiperes, swipe in opposing directions. Just wanted to share my findings. :)

Sent from the HO KID network using FF Mobile

Ox-y-GenIII 01-09-2013 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joeywhat (Post 4531611)
Bosch Icon part number is 28OE.

These. They aren't like the old style wiper blades with the multi-hinged separators, its just like the OEM full rubber/silicone blade. I believe Costco had these on sale buy one get one at only $7.99 for one a few months ago.

BaconZombie 01-09-2013 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ox-y-GenIII (Post 4532034)
These. They aren't like the old style wiper blades with the multi-hinged separators, its just like the OEM full rubber/silicone blade. I believe Costco had these on sale buy one get one at only $7.99 for one a few months ago.

Not to be a jerk, but there's no way. I got these at my cost, and they were still over $20 a piece. If Costco really did have them for that cheap, someone should have bought all of them.

JayDeZ 01-09-2013 08:02 AM

Maybe this is what is wrong with my driver's side wiper. I had them replaced when i had my snows mounted and the driver's side one now chatters on the up stroke causing a blind spot in my line of sight.

TehMark 01-09-2013 01:17 PM

Thanks, I bookmarked this for when mine go bad