Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Duratec GDI Ti-VCT Engine Code (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=306098)

Racing Mind 01-08-2013 03:08 PM

Duratec GDI Ti-VCT Engine Code
 
Does anyone know what Ford's engine code for this engine is? My searching showed one reference to a "Duratec HE Ti-VCT" , which is conflicting with the "HE" designation of the European engine program for SKUs built in Valencia, Spain. I was under the impression that this particular engine was built in Detroit. The Ecoboost variant does appear to be built in Valencia.

On a side note, it does appear to be an interesting supply chain with two similar engines being built on different sides of the pond.

Thanks in advance,
Joe

SonicZXIII 01-08-2013 04:33 PM

Should be 8th or 10th letter in the vin..... If i remember right

suss6052 01-08-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racing Mind (Post 4531036)
Does anyone know what Ford's engine code for this engine is? My searching showed one reference to a "Duratec HE Ti-VCT" , which is conflicting with the "HE" designation of the European engine program for SKUs built in Valencia, Spain. I was under the impression that this particular engine was built in Detroit. The Ecoboost variant does appear to be built in Valencia.

On a side note, it does appear to be an interesting supply chain with two similar engines being built on different sides of the pond.

Thanks in advance,
Joe

The engine is built in Dearborn, Mi, not Detroit, but to the uninitiated it can seem like everything near Detroit is automatically associated with that particular city.


Quote:

The eighth VIN position identifies the engine type, displacement and number of cylinders.

2 - 2.0L, in-line 4-cylinder, 16-valve
9 - 2.0L GTDI (gasoline turbo-charged direct injection)
So for the Dearborn, Mi assembled Duratec 2.0 L HE GDI the 8th digit of the vin is a 2, and for the Valencia, Spain built 2.0 L GTDI engine is a 9.

Racing Mind 01-09-2013 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suss6052 (Post 4531296)
The engine is built in Dearborn, Mi, not Detroit, but to the uninitiated it can seem like everything near Detroit is automatically associated with that particular city.

Nice comment... apparently someone has an internet authority power trip.

Tommyatomic 01-09-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racing Mind (Post 4531953)
Nice comment... apparently someone knows what they are talking about.

There. I fixed it for you.

Deftmetal 01-10-2013 04:36 PM

[whip]

suss6052 01-10-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racing Mind (Post 4531953)
Nice comment... apparently someone has an internet authority power trip.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommyatomic (Post 4532572)
There. I fixed it for you.

Its the later part, I just happen to know exactly where the engine is made. It has nothing to do with any sort of power trip.

The car is built in Wayne, Mi with an engine assembled in Dearborn, at the Dearborn engine and fuel tank plant (DEFTP) for the 2.0 L HE Ti-VCT GDI 125 kw (170 ps) (rated at 160 hp in the us at 6500 rpm).

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-9...0/SAM_1072.JPG

People not from the Metro Detroit area are known to better associate the area with Detroit as being the nominal home of all the former big 3 automakers, but only GM has a headquarters in Detroit proper, and that was in a building built by Henry Ford II.

Dearborn is the home of Ford Motor Company, although the plant isn't in the main engineering complex.

Racing Mind 01-11-2013 09:37 AM

I appreciate the information but not the snarky comment earlier (especially from a representative moderator). I'm actually from Michigan and am very familiar with Detroit and it's proximate suburbs, including Ford's plant structure. When speaking on a global scale (Spain and the US, in this case), most will use major cities to describe locales.

Slo86GT 01-11-2013 10:19 AM

Careful that you don't comment about something you don't care for about his car, you'll get banned.

suss6052 01-11-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slo86GT (Post 4535328)
Careful that you don't comment about something you don't care for about his car, you'll get banned.

It had nothing to do with the car despite what you think. I don't care in the slightest that you're not fond about certain parts of my car. That's just fine by me.

This is getting off topic, so since the topic was already resolved (what was the engine code for the 2012+ Ti-VCT 2.0 L engine this thread can be closed now.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:43 PM.


http://www.focusfanatics.com/aboutus/copyright.asp