Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Front Windows Slow (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=305795)

Monkeygrits 01-05-2013 01:03 PM

Front Windows Slow

The front windows on my 2013 hatch go down fine, but go up very slow. Anyone else have this issue?

UnleashedBeast 01-05-2013 01:18 PM

How much of a difference is it? Going up slower than down is normal to an extent. The weight of the glass versus gravity slows it slightly going up. Going down it's just the opposite.

zehkaiser 01-05-2013 01:34 PM

UnleashedBeast is right. That being said, it shouldn't be so slow that it looks like the motors are having trouble lifting the glass. The motors shouldn't be making any whining noises, either.

focusstu 01-05-2013 05:04 PM

My 2008 Taurus had one rear window that went up very slowly. They replaced the regulator and motor under warranty.

Merrigan 01-05-2013 05:11 PM

Mine are kind of slow to. Never put much thought into it. But I know they're slower than my work trucks power windows. But not as slow as my old sunfires, but I think those window motors were just about dead.

Sent from your mom's house.

Elizabeth 01-05-2013 07:02 PM

I always silicone up the side windows. It keeps them from burning out the window motors.
The worst stuff is some pine sap getting into the felt the window rubs against. That will cause a lot of extra friction.
With the widow down, just run some water (from a sponge or similar) against the outside inner door where the felt is.
Not in freezing weather obviously!!
Or, in any weather, some RainX on a cloth forcing that fluid into the felt.
The windows wil lslide MUCH better.
The fluid will smear up onto the windows a little the first few times. but your window motors will last forever...

StingRay 01-05-2013 10:19 PM

Every focus I have ever owned had slow windows. Its weird but I've just gotten used to it.

hotleadsingerguy 01-05-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth (Post 4526955)
I always silicone up the side windows. It keeps them from burning out the window motors.
The worst stuff is some pine sap getting into the felt the window rubs against. That will cause a lot of extra friction.
With the widow down, just run some water (from a sponge or similar) against the outside inner door where the felt is.
Not in freezing weather obviously!!
Or, in any weather, some RainX on a cloth forcing that fluid into the felt.
The windows wil lslide MUCH better.
The fluid will smear up onto the windows a little the first few times. but your window motors will last forever...

I've never even thought about it and I've not once had a window motor go bad. Ever. Is this a common thing?

Either way, I'd say hit the dealership. If they go up *much* slower than they go down, there could be a problem.

Creative 01-06-2013 12:08 AM

They motor in my new focus's are slow. They are actually slower than anything I use.

FocusFoxUS 04-09-2013 06:41 PM

My passenger side window is slower than my drivers side window. Is that normal? It really annoys me that the one beats the other when I've parked the car and trying to close it up. Anyone else experience this?