Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   What do you think about 2013 Focus SE SFE? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=305755)

fomenter 01-04-2013 09:28 PM

What do you think about 2013 Focus SE SFE?

I've decided to purchase a 2013 SE SFE. I'm picking it up tomorrow. Anybody drove and has some thoughts about it besides the ugly wheels:)?

Sonic_HedgeHog 01-04-2013 09:29 PM

Waste

fomenter 01-04-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic_HedgeHog (Post 4525925)
Waste

Why?

they don't have the SE SEDAN in stock and they are giving a really good deal on SFE or hatchback in which I opted out

Sonic_HedgeHog 01-04-2013 09:39 PM

You're getting steel wheels and no options... Not a big enough proven gas savings... Looks cheap...

I'd just have them ship in an SE and wait a few days.

suss6052 01-04-2013 09:41 PM

The wheels are just basic steel wheels, but they do have aero wheel covers which aren't to everyone's tastes but are said to be functional and potentially sought after, but wouldn't the moon style hub caps be more efficient?

The SFE is the cheapest way to get rear disk brakes on a sedan with the DCT as well, although it is generally only available with the PRNDL shift quadrants with the hill grade assist acting as the o.d. lock out switch.

That's not an issue if you don't need or see the need to be able to shift manually through all the gears for fun.

Edgar 01-04-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic_HedgeHog (Post 4525942)
You're getting steel wheels and no options... Not a big enough proven gas savings... Looks cheap...

I'd just have them ship in an SE and wait a few days.

wholly agree, but if you test drove it and liked it then eff it!

Shade-010 01-04-2013 09:42 PM

I have gotten better Mileage from my SE sport 5 speed then the estimated SFE mileage

dan50 01-04-2013 09:45 PM

Not sure what we can tell you of value if the purchase has already been made. However, make sure you give the car a thorough going-over in a well-lit place before accepting delivery. Panel fit, paint quality, absence of dings and dents, smooth upholstery, no stains on the headliner, etc. If the car is brand-new, check the odometer to make sure the mileage is really low, 10 or 15 max.

Most importantly, if you haven't already, take the car for a test drive before accepting delivery. Watch for two things in particular: if you have the DCT make sure it shifts acceptably, doesn't shudder at launch and doesn't "grind" between shifts (windows open will help to hear this), also listen for clunks from the front suspension. If either of these are problems, run, don't walk from the car. Don't accept the salesman's assurances that the DCT needs a thousand miles to break-in or that they an fix either problem. Odds are they won't or they can't.

onestout 01-04-2013 09:46 PM

I have a 2013 SFE with almost 13K and like it so far. It's a cheap commuter car and it serves its purpose.

fomenter 01-04-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan50 (Post 4525955)
Not sure what we can tell you of value if the purchase has already been made. However, make sure you give the car a thorough going-over in a well-lit place before accepting delivery. Panel fit, paint quality, absence of dings and dents, smooth upholstery, no stains on the headliner, etc. If the car is brand-new, check the odometer to make sure the mileage is really low, 10 or 15 max.

Most importantly, if you haven't already, take the car for a test drive before accepting delivery. Watch for two things in particular: if you have the DCT make sure it shifts acceptably, doesn't shudder at launch and doesn't "grind" between shifts (windows open will help to hear this), also listen for clunks from the front suspension. If either of these are problems, run, don't walk from the car. Don't accept the salesman's assurances that the DCT needs a thousand miles to break-in or that they an fix either problem. Odds are they won't or they can't.

I have not taken the delivery yet (not paid), but will do it tomorrow. I would have preferred SE Sedan but they did not have it in stock. One is coming in 10 days but the price is going to be $1000 higher... It is like paying $1000 just for the alloy wheels (MSRP 20,084). I had a deal for 15,450 otd. MSRP was 20,180

Also, i have not driven that specific vehicle yet. Do 2013s still have transmission problems?