Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fanatics: Texas (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   I'm Back! (Almost) (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=305557)

Notcolorblind 01-02-2013 09:22 PM

I'm Back! (Almost)

So after a few long hard months without the Focus its almost back in my possession. If you're curious to know what happened read on...

Back in the beginning of September '12 I was getting ready to add a few great mods to my focus and get closer to building it up into the great machine it deserves to be. I had parked it outside of my dads shop and was supposed to come back the next day to start the working progress. The next morning I got a heartbreaking phone call from my father telling me my car had been broken into. [:(]
I drove up to the shop only to find my poor Focus all kinds of F[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] up. The passenger window was broken and my stereo looked like it had been hit with a hammer multiple times. My amplifier and capacitor were missing along with the subwoofer. A few hundred dollars of goods was stolen from the car as well (radar detector, iphone, shoes). To make matters worse the whole steering column was torn apart and the car wouldn't start.
Luckily I had full coverage insurance, and I was able to get my car fixed...
Wrong! The car would't start and my father owns a transmission shop, so we got it towed to his friends shop, the adjuster came a few days later and the repair process started. Once the steering column was replaced and the car was started my dads friend noticed my transmission wouldn't go into reverse and once I drove the car I found out it wouldn't go into 6th gear either.
I took the car back to the shop and called the insurance company. They said everything would be fine and they would send an adjuster down to evaluate the repair. It took over three weeks for them to send him down simply for him to deny any repairs, due to lack of "proof" the transmission had been damaged during the theft.
This whole process took two and a half months...
I finally got the car back and its been sitting since due to the lack of funds and getting unemployed.... ( I know FML).
Its a new year and I'm ready to get my baby back and finally get those mods installed!!! [ffrocks]

FocusFreak09 01-02-2013 09:51 PM

Sorry to hear about the car. I know how it feels being unemployed I just lost my job 2 weeks ago. If you're looking to replace your system I'm selling mine just email me and we can talk.

Notcolorblind 01-02-2013 09:57 PM

Thanks for the offer but I think my insurance is going to replace everything.
I'm really crossing my fingers since I got screwed on my transmission.[drinking]

VenomRogue 01-02-2013 11:51 PM

thats horseshit.

call a lawyer, then have him call your insurance company.

the only downfall is they will probably total the car out, so make sure you get paid good for it, and buy it back...dont let them take it to any of there "prefered" shops, so there are no issues as to who gets the car (if that happens)

Alex Arce 01-03-2013 11:14 AM

wow that really sucks sorry about all that. I've slowly been getting back into my focus again! I've actually driven it three times in the last two months!!

SvviftSVT 01-03-2013 05:25 PM

that really sucks man...
good luck with everything...

at least you have your baby back!!!!

Notcolorblind 01-04-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VenomRogue (Post 4522806)
thats horseshit.

call a lawyer, then have him call your insurance company.

the only downfall is they will probably total the car out, so make sure you get paid good for it, and buy it back...dont let them take it to any of there "prefered" shops, so there are no issues as to who gets the car (if that happens)

I'm poor right now and couldn't afford a lawyer even if I wanted one [hihi]
Plus I don't think the focus is worth it in terms of $$$.

Thanks for the support guys I hope to have it up and running by the end of the month. [loveff]

Chris_HT 01-09-2013 11:27 PM

Glad you have it back, hope you can have it back on the road soon.
I'm trying to figure out how they could damage transmission... did they drive it? Cause if not then all I can think off is damaged linkage if they somehow applied force t the stick.

sleepyboy 01-09-2013 11:30 PM

They probably screwed up the linkage or bent a shift fork just jaming it around in gears while sitting cause the couldn't get it running? What ever the cause I hope you get it fixed for as little to no money as possible.

Notcolorblind 01-16-2013 09:32 PM

I haven't heard back from my dad as to what is wrong with the tranny, but I thought the same thing about it maybe being the linkage since the car was not driven.