Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   Interior A-pillar and Headliner trim (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=305513)

mishka 01-02-2013 02:53 PM

Interior A-pillar and Headliner trim

Hello, I have charcoal black leather seats and charcoal interior, however the interior front A-pillars, healiner, and much of the other trim inside is "dune" or "tan" colored. Is there anyone who sells trim kits for this? It would be nice to get a darker color....

Thanks. [thumb]

Holden 01-02-2013 02:58 PM

See if you can order those from an ST.

jdubhack 01-02-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holden (Post 4521974)
See if you can order those from an ST.

^^That. Or paint it.

mishka 01-02-2013 03:17 PM

yea the ST's have that, but will it fit properly? I'm a noob when it comes to cars and/or modding so I need someone to hold my hand...
And if it does fit, does it go on top of the current trim or does it replace the trim? I'd be afraid to do it myself.
thanks.

suss6052 01-02-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mishka (Post 4522000)
yea the ST's have that, but will it fit properly? I'm a noob when it comes to cars and/or modding so I need someone to hold my hand...
And if it does fit, does it go on top of the current trim or does it replace the trim? I'd be afraid to do it myself.
thanks.

It would need to replace the trim as if it fits it would mount the same way that the original trim does. From looking at the cars they appear to attach the same way, but I'm not aware of anyone else trying this just yet.

Holden 01-02-2013 07:44 PM

I just noticed that you have a sedan, rather than a hatch. I'd imagine that would be the only reason that my suggestion might not work...

suss6052 01-02-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holden (Post 4522395)
I just noticed that you have a sedan, rather than a hatch. I'd imagine that would be the only reason that my suggestion might not work...

The front pillar trim might swap over, but the head liner will not as it is different between the sedan and the hatch as the hatch is 6.9" shorter over all and it goes all the way to the rear of the car.

mishka 03-13-2014 11:26 AM

thread revive! and the airbags are behind the a-pillars so.... aw well.
but do I need to remove the headliner to replace the dome light bulbs with LEDs?
I have seen one guy on FF who painted his headliner black or something haha

SilverPony2001 03-13-2014 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mishka (Post 5650842)
but do I need to remove the headliner to replace the dome light bulbs with LEDs?

Nope.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

MetalMuffins 03-13-2014 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mishka (Post 5650842)

Someone on here has replaced the A-pillers with the ST ones, I've seen pic's, just can't find them. It is possible though! [thumb]