Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Music Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   The Office (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=305414)

mix1983 12-31-2012 11:41 PM

The Office

I feel that this is the best show ever made. I just wanted to start with that.

Ok, so I've caught this show flipping channels over the last couple years or so and every time I tried to watch it, it looks like complete retardation. But since I hadn't started from the beginning I was still curious. I have a hard time liking a show unless I start from the beginning and get to know the characters and why they interact why they do with each other.

I had this problem with stuff like King of Queens, Everybody Loves Raymond, NCIS. I now own all 3 on DVD (NCIS only up to what is currently out).

So, I've had time off for Christmas break and decided to really sit down and give The Office a shot. That is all I have done in my time off. I am completely freaking hooked on this show. I literally watched from Season 1 through 8 on Netflix and all of what is available of Season 9 on Hulu Plus. Pam is beautiful, Jim and Dwight's conflicts are hilarious. I love the pranks Jim pulls on Dwight and Andy.

And then I started over again...

So yeah... what do you think of this show?

TheGlassMaker 01-01-2013 12:01 AM

The show was great until, sabor took over, then it got even worse when Micheal left. Then it got alright when Andy got management, still waiting to see what is going to happen with the Dunder Mifflin thing. I don't think the show is going to last much longer though. Great show up till season 6 or so.

1slofofo 01-01-2013 12:07 AM

I started watching it in the middle and eventually got through all the episodes as they aired. Fantastic show. I also think Saber hurt it, but it did freshen things up when Jo was around. I don't like Nelly now, though. She just annoys me. haha

mix1983 01-01-2013 12:22 AM

The current (9th) season is the last season for the show. It starts Jan 10th and when it ends that'll be it. What really hurt the show is when some of the writers left (around when Sabre took over).

The guy that plays Toby (HR guy) was actually one of the main writers for the show, he stopped writing to work on the spin off, The Farm.

And yes, it absolutely sucked when Michael left. You can always tell when an actor is really, genuinely emotional and in the episode where he actually leaves you can really tell. Especially the cut where he's like "Yep, this is gonna hurt like a mother[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]er". I did not like any of the bosses after he left up until Andy took over, then it was ok again.

1slofofo 01-01-2013 12:26 AM

I never heard of the farm so I looked it up, it got canned already.

I'll miss The Office, though. I didn't like the British version much.

TheGlassMaker 01-01-2013 12:27 AM

Yea the british version is horrible. The brits make awesome car shows, not so much sitcoms.

mix1983 01-01-2013 12:35 AM

Yeah I have a really hard time with British humor. Plus I can barely understand what they're saying most of the time. But did anyone else notice that a lot of the lines are exactly the same, at least in the first episode?

sleepyboy 01-01-2013 12:48 AM

I love the Office, though I stopped watching it right when Sabre took over. I have felt the need to start watching it again either. Dewitt is the man lol

TheGlassMaker 01-01-2013 12:49 AM

Oh good someone spelled sabre right i was too lazy. lol

mix1983 01-01-2013 04:10 AM

Yeah a lot of the later added-on characters really made the show weird and made it feel really awkward to watch. Will Farrell's character, Jo, Jo's bitch (the guy that dresses up as Lady Gaga for Halloween), the guy that runs the place for some time before Andy takes over. I can't think of names right now I'm pretty lit.

I also want to add... Dwight's Trans-Am in the show is bad ass. Really too bad how many were destroyed in the course of the show.